Faulty motherboard problems?

Chivac Jones

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Hey guys.

I've been installing systems for some time, and few days ago, i've came across a problem i never seen before.

I installed 2 computers to a friend with almost exact configuration:

I. Problematic PC
Power supply: Seasonic M12II-620 Bronze, 620W
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M LX3, Socket AM3+ (BIOS Version 1502 - latest version, i have updated it)
CPU: AMD FX X6 6300, 3500MHz, 14MB, socket AM3 (cpu compatible with the motherboard - it's written on Asus site)
RAM: 4 GB (he already had them, don't remember the manufactor)
Video Card: ATI HD Series 6500 (already had it)

II. Working PC
Power supply: Seasonic M12II-620 Bronze, 620W
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M LX3, Socket AM3+ (BIOS Version 1003 - no update, just the default one)
CPU: AMD FX 6100, 3.300MHz, 14MB, socket AM3+, Box (cpu compatible with motherboard)
RAM: Kingston 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

The second computer works perfectly, but the first one freezes every minute, giving this BSOD: "Stop 0x00000101 A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval."

First, i have reinstalled Windows 7 few times, it didn't fixed the problem. Then i updated the first PC's bios to the latest version from the official site, it still gave the same exact problem. Also, i used optimized/defaults settings on bios, but didn't fix anything. I checked if the Video Card may have a compatibility problem, so i reinstalled Windows 7 on the on-board video card, same problem. I tried to check if it was the CPU problem, so i took the CPU from the fauly PC (FX 6300) and installed it on the working one, but the second PC still worked flawlessly. Finally, i checked the other way around, with the CPU from the working PC (FX 6100) installed on the faulty PC, but still gave me the BSOD.

Summary of what i did:
1. Reinstalled Windows 7 64-bits for few times
2. Updated BIOS to latest version.
3. Used optimized/default BIOS settings
4. Clean install on the on-board video card
5. Installed AMD FX 6300 on the working PC, and it didn't give any errors
6. Installed AMD FX 6100 on the faulty PC, still gave me BSOD

The temporary solution i have found was closing 5th and 6th core from the CPU, and this way the faulty PC stopped freezing, and worked.

In your opinion, what could be the problem? I haven't check yet the RAM, but my opinion is that the motherboard is faulty from fabric on first computer, since the second computer has same motherboard, and both CPU's work on it without BSOD.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: The PC's haven't been overclocked

I would also check the memory.
when it states clock, was not received by the cpu.
It is most commonly relate to system memory, or it having a problem.
I would have a check that the memory is set at the right voltage and the latency values are correct, and look at the T state.

Check the values on the memory stick and then in the bios.

Chivac Jones

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your reply. I will try tomorrow swapping the two memories around, if that still doesn't work, i'll check the PC with the Ram's from the working computer, and i will reply.