[SOLVED] Faulty PSU? ( Corsair AX1200I )

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 2, 2021
Ok, can anyone help me? specs:- rampage VI extreme i9 7980XE 1080ti poseidon 64GB DDR4 CORSAIR PRO RGB corsair AX1200i PSU My pc will run perfect fine then just switch off completely - it seem to try and re-start for all of 1 second and stop again. it seems to run longer when on the web (youtube/ facebook etc) but when i play games (only really play PUBG) after 3-4 it cuts off. when it first happened i went to my mates house thinking it was the PSU - we plugged in it at his and it worked ok again. i went to a local store and bought a replacement kettle leaad assuming it must of been a faulty lead causing the issue but it has not done it again (only difference being now i have the new lead it will come back and work for 30-40 mins before shutting off again) Am i right in thinking this is the PSU? i think i am going to buy one and try it out? if it was the motherboard or CPU would it not fault different apposed to work perfectly then just shut off? i have downloaded the MSI after-burner and checked my temps as it is water cooled it is sitting around 50 deg CPU and 53 deg GPU (google suggest this is fine) Any help would be great, Thanks, Tom.

Solution
Yes the light should be on and green(atleast the one on mine is). Possibly a problem with the PSU. Run the PSU self test. To do this switch the psu off, disconnect all the modular cables and the corsair link cable then switch it back on and press the self test button.

TRENDING THREADS