[SOLVED] Faulty psu?

Zayst

Prominent
Oct 12, 2019
Hi, I’ve recently been having trouble with my pc, I’ve had it for about a year with no problems but now it won’t turn on.
When I attempt to boot the fans spin and my monitor turns on but then after a second it starts beeping and goes dead. It has two short beeps that occur every 5 seconds or so until I switch of my psu. I have removed my psu after testing other components (ram, gpu) and bench tested it using a paper clip on pins 5 and 6. When I short pins 5 and 6 the fans start spinning and then goes dead making the same beeping noises it was doing while in the pc. So I know the issue is with my psu. I also shorted pins 5 on the top row and the pin below it (5th pin on the bottom row) and it works perfectly fine with no beeps and it stays on. Is there anyway to fix this is a new psu the only thing I can do to fix my problem.
The psu is a Enermax 850w
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Solution
Your PSU beeps ? What's the exact model ? Also, i'm not really sure what are you shorting there, you're supposed to short a green (PS-ON) with any black (ground) wire to start the PSU on it's own. Green wire is not 5th or 6th one, and also a pin below it on the other row is not a ground.
connector_atx_pinout.GIF

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Your PSU beeps ? What's the exact model ? Also, i'm not really sure what are you shorting there, you're supposed to short a green (PS-ON) with any black (ground) wire to start the PSU on it's own. Green wire is not 5th or 6th one, and also a pin below it on the other row is not a ground.
connector_atx_pinout.GIF

Solution