[SOLVED] Faulty Pump on the Corsair H100i V2?

LeeWorezGaming

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
Hi there,

Not so long ago I lent my friend my Corsair H100i V2 all-in-one cooler. Unfortunately he didn't get much use out of it because the fans were apparently ramping up. So he was scared of breaking any further components (due to his bad luck).

I've only just really got around to testing it once again, to try and use it in a different build but unfortunately for some reason after it boots up the temperatures on the CPU are painstakingly high. My thought is that it is the pump. So far I've tried plugging the appropriate cable in "CPU_FAN" as well as "AIO_PUMP" and nothing is working for me.

After looking on a few Corsair forums, one of the employees suggesting enabling Voltage Control in the Fan Control settings. That was a dead end though, I was unable to find any sort of setting relating to that.

Specification:

• ASUS ROG Strix X299 Gaming
    Intel Core I9 7900X
    Corsair 1000W
    Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 2666MhZ
    Corsair H100i V2 AIO

Hopefully someone is able to assist me.

Solution
Make sure that the CPU_FAN header that it's connected to is set to 100%. If it is, then it's likely that the pump has failed. RMA is the only route; these are not end-user serviceable.

LeeWorezGaming

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
Unsure on how old the item is, I imagine two years old. No receipt unfortunately just due to remodeling my house and not safe-keeping it. Apart from me looking to RMA it, do you have anything that you might suggest?

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
Make sure that the CPU_FAN header that it's connected to is set to 100%. If it is, then it's likely that the pump has failed. RMA is the only route; these are not end-user serviceable.

Solution

Latest posts