Question Faulty ram is causing me errors i got no explanation for

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
I got 8gb of ram and its been causing me blue screens for a decent amount of time but rarely, i was confident its a ram issue and now i am even more.
Last week i got a bsod while ingame and after that my pc said that there is not an os installed. I disconnected all drives except the boot one, the ssd, and same error, i get the windows installation on usb and the drive is completely wiped out while ssd is fine, reinstalled windows no issues till now.

Now i was doing a presentation for school about memtest and it didnt work for me but now i realized i was using uefi version and after i finished the presentation i ran memtest since it worked and after 2 mins i got 9 errors. I exited the configuration and i was about to go to windows, SAME THING no os, i disconnect all drives but the ssd and this time it gets me to Recovery page on which i cannot press anything. Try again doesnt work and neither do startup settings

I got i7 870, p7h55m pro, Patriot Burst Elite 120gb and 4x2gb sticks that are like 13yo, now what bothers me is this.

Memtest picture after 2 minutes https://prnt.sc/-8TfDWmnz-ul (all 4 sticks are inserted) im going to throw away these components as soon as my mbo arrives so idk about them but this is really weird, i just needed to make sure that ram is the problem and not the psu.
I got new cpu and ram but i didnt get mbo yet and i just need to fix this asap if possible

EDIT: I repluged HDD and now its booting... Im even more confused now

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

BIOS version for your motherboard? If you think that the rams you're working with are at fault, try and work with another set of rams, first with one stick then work your way up with more sticks. It could also be a BIOS issue, perhaps see if you can reflash the BIOS or source(borrow) a CH341A BIOS programmer and then reflash the BIOS chip with the latest BIOS. Does the SSD show up on a donor system? Did you try working with another SATA cable?

I got 8gb of ram
4x2gb sticks that are like 13yo

This is a kit and not a mix of sticks of ram, correct?

I got 8gb of ram and its been causing me blue screens for a decent amount of time but rarely, i was confident its a ram issue and now i am even more.
Last week i got a bsod while ingame and after that my pc said that there is not an os installed. I disconnected all drives except the boot one, the ssd, and same error, i get the windows installation on usb and the drive is completely wiped out while ssd is fine, reinstalled windows no issues till now.

Now i was doing a presentation for school about memtest and it didnt work for me but now i realized i was using uefi version and after i finished the presentation i ran memtest since it worked and after 2 mins i got 9 errors. I exited the configuration and i was about to go to windows, SAME THING no os, i disconnect all drives but the ssd and this time it gets me to Recovery page on which i cannot press anything. Try again doesnt work and neither do startup settings

I got i7 870, p7h55m pro, Patriot Burst Elite 120gb and 4x2gb sticks that are like 13yo, now what bothers me is this.

For some reason i cant upload photos to imgur rn
I got new cpu and ram but i didnt get mbo yet and i just need to fix this asap if possible
If you have a ram stick/s that have gone bad there is not much you can do other that replace the stick/s.

Try reseating the ram....test.

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020

Memtest picture after 2 minutes https://prnt.sc/-8TfDWmnz-ul (all 4 sticks are inserted) im going to throw away these components as soon as my mbo arrives so idk about them but this is really weird, i just needed to make sure that ram is the problem and not the psu.

EDIT: I repluged HDD and now its booting normally... Im even more confused now

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU: i7 870
Motherboard: asus p7h55 m pro
Ram: 4x2gb these are 2 different kits and they are working together for over 2 years now
SSD/HDD: Patriot Burst Elite 120gb, and a seagate 250gb hdd
GPU: tuf gtx 1650 super
PSU: lc power 6650 v2.2
Chassis:
Monitor:

BIOS version for your motherboard? If you think that the rams you're working with are at fault, try and work with another set of rams, first with one stick then work your way up with more sticks. It could also be a BIOS issue, perhaps see if you can reflash the BIOS or source(borrow) a CH341A BIOS programmer and then reflash the BIOS chip with the latest BIOS. Does the SSD show up on a donor system? Did you try working with another SATA cable?

I got 8gb of ram
4x2gb sticks that are like 13yo

This is a kit and not a mix of sticks of ram, correct?

CPU: i7 870
Motherboard: asus p7h55 m pro
Ram: 4x2gb these are 2 different kits and they are working together for over 2 years now
SSD/HDD: Patriot Burst Elite 120gb, and a seagate 250gb hdd
GPU: tuf gtx 1650 super
PSU: lc power 6650 v2.2

Bios Version 1709(latest)
Im going to get rid of this cpu/mbo/ram as soon as new mbo arrives since its the only part missing but meanwhile i need my current pc to work, last and first time ssd got wiped out after a blue screen it was also wiped out on my friends pc but it was showing up in bios and now its working fine after a windows reinstall.

got 2x2 with the pc and later on i bought another 2x2 back than i knew nothing about this let alone that u shouldnt mix ram.
BTW now that it booted up i got the memtest screenshot. https://prnt.sc/-8TfDWmnz-ul