Question Faulty ram ?

videogamingtown

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
I just built a new pc ... Asus Rog strix 450-f motherboard, 16 GBS (2x8g) Corsair ddr4 ram and Ryzen 5 3600x CPU... I have everything connected correctly but the ram speed is reading at 1066 MHz in CPU-Z , it's supposed to be 3200mhz .. the pc also seems to be rebooting itself after a few minutes ... I'm able to boot to windows but I would be doing something and it just restarts at random points ... What could be wrong

FYI there is also a orange led light on the motherboard at all times

I just built a new pc ... Asus Rog strix 450-f motherboard, 16 GBS (2x8g) Corsair ddr4 ram and Ryzen 5 3600x CPU... I have everything connected correctly but the ram speed is reading at 1066 MHz in CPU-Z , it's supposed to be 3200mhz .. the pc also seems to be rebooting itself after a few minutes ... I'm able to boot to windows but I would be doing something and it just restarts at random points ... What could be wrong

FYI there is also a orange led light on the motherboard at all times
You would have to go into you BIOS and set the XMP profile for your RAM to run at the 3200MHz speed, CPU-Z will see it as 1600MHz. Also I would check your motherboard book for warning lights and see what it says about the orange LED light.

videogamingtown

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
i have tried that, using the AI Overclocking Tuner and switching to D.O.C.P Standard then selecting the 3200mhz, ive also tried lower and i still get this :

Untitled.png

also this :

Untitled2.png

Last edited: