Question Faulty RX 580?

Feb 12, 2019
Was working on my computer earlier doing some Photoshop editing for a client when my computer shut down. It will not turn and simply clicks when I try to cycle the power. At the time of shutdown, Photoshop was running. Steam was also downloading Jump Force because that game looks amazing.

The PSU turns on and the computer works when the GPU is not plugged in. As there are no onboard graphics, I do need a GPU to see what I'm doing, but I currently have no back up (sold my old one after installing the current one). In you guys' opinion, do you think the GPU is bad? Given the wattage of the PSU I doubt the PSU that's the issue, but maybe, considering it is a cheaper variety?

PC specs:

• Windows 10
  • MSI X299 SLI Plus
  • INTEL I7-7740X @ 4.30GHz
  • XFX Radeon RX 580 8gb
  • 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
  • 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 3.5" HARD DRIVE
  • Corsair RM 750X Power Supply
  • Corsair h100i v2 Liquid Cooling
I do have LED strips in the case as well as 4 case fans. Don't think those would increase the power draw significantly. The system is NOT overclocked. It has run fine for the past two months on this GPU until today. Frequently the computer would be on for days at a time. It may be worth noting that before it shut off, I remember seeing the onboard temperature from my iCue reading at 88C. The stupid h100i doesn't do anywhere near how good I want.

Feb 12, 2019
I guess I should add on that turning on the PC with all connections minutes the GPU runs smoothly. The GPU turns on and has a red light on indicating it is on but not receiving enough power. The more I look at it, the more it seems that a 750w just isn't enough juice for my system, but that seems unlikely as I'm not even running anything crossfire. Add to it that it was running fine for 2 hours leading up to the crash