Favorite 'Guilty' pleasure franchise/movies?

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
For me: Resident Evil. Love the style of the first (which I consider the best zombie movie in the past 25 years). The rest were just cash grabs but still very fun visually. Also love Milla. And as bad as people hate him, I like Anderon's directing style.

Hey there,

Good question!

I'd have to go with the Alien series. The first movie was scary as a young child. I mean really scary (Yes my parents allowed me to watch 18's movies as a 10 year old!! :tearsofjoy:) The second, Aliens is considered one of the top 100 movies of all time, and a particular favourite, I can honestly say I've watched at least a couple of hundred times!! Arguably, no 3 was pants, but I enjoyed it along with Resurrection.

Definitely not putting the Alien v Predator's in amongst the first 4 (of the real story). Although the first one wasn't bad, the second, Requiem - was rubbish.

The first 4 lead back to Prometheus and Covenant, which for me, both were superb and took full advantage of modern CGI. But the main reason I really enjoyed them was because it grew the storyline, although retrospectively.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Always like to throw out 13th Warrior with Antonio Banderas. Perfect mix of fantasy adventure, almost fully grounded in reality, even a little horror/suspense. I recall an old clan mate of mine calling it the ultimate guy movie.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
I think you guys are missing the guilt in guilty pleasure, the question is for bad or at least ill received movies you like, not for freaking masterpieces that you like.

For me personally every trashy, bad movie I like I stand behind 100% so I feel no guilt.
Things like six string samurai, or rocky horror, things that a lot of people watch and go WTF did I just watch...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I think Resident Evil gets the award, I haven't see all of them, but they have some of the silliest premises and low-budget effects as the series goes on. Most successful video game based movie franchise? It has a lot that makes it less than mainstream.

I agree on Alien as well. You have the original two, and then it kind of goes downhill from there. So while most people are fans of the original and sequel, most wouldn't carry on with the franchise.

13th Warrior is a strange movie. Despite the cult following it has gained, it was a poorly received movie. General audiences didn't get it. I imagine people didn't immediately grasp the connection to Beowulf, and I don't think a lot of people would care even if they did. Based on a John Carpenter novel, so it has that going for it to draw in that crowd, but that is about it.

g-unit1111

Titan
I personally love the John Wick franchise, I own all 3 movies and I cannot wait to see The Continental.

Others I highly enjoy are the Kingsman franchise (sucks that The King's Man has been delayed so many times), and also the Jackass franchise. Yes, I definitely consider Jackass to be a guilty pleasure of mine.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
Hey there,

Good question!

I'd have to go with the Alien series. The first movie was scary as a young child. I mean really scary (Yes my parents allowed me to watch 18's movies as a 10 year old!! :tearsofjoy:) The second, Aliens is considered one of the top 100 movies of all time, and a particular favourite, I can honestly say I've watched at least a couple of hundred times!! Arguably, no 3 was pants, but I enjoyed it along with Resurrection.

Definitely not putting the Alien v Predator's in amongst the first 4 (of the real story). Although the first one wasn't bad, the second, Requiem - was rubbish.

The first 4 lead back to Prometheus and Covenant, which for me, both were superb and took full advantage of modern CGI. But the main reason I really enjoyed them was because it grew the storyline, although retrospectively.

watching Alien right now easily my fav scifi franchise even the AVP movies i enjoy...my favs are 1 and 3. 3 is so so so underrated.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
i'm a huge Milla fan, and she did a great job evolving Alice. <3 the character better than the newer games, which too me aren't RE, at least no the RE I grew up with.