FC-PGA voltage adapter?

G

I have a BH6 motherboard with a Celeron 400 PPGA. Unfortunately, I have an early version of the BH6 that doesn't support the low voltage setting for the new FC-PGA Coppermine Celerons.

Is there an adapter that could supply the proper low voltage so I could run a Celeron 700 FC-PGA? I already read the article on the site about manipulating a PPGA adapter to run an FC-PGA cpu, but I'm not willing to go to those extremes just to upgrade my cpu.

Thanks for any info you can provide,
-David

Magus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Doesn't the Abit Slocket have voltage switches right on the adapter? I would think these would override the ones used on the mobo.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Magus on 11/11/00 03:47 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

If the motherboard can't supply lower voltage, a slotket can't supply that voltage eventhough it has that setting.

G

I have the same version BH-6. According to Andy at BX boards the voltage regulator is capable of going as low as 1.8 volts.Go to Abits site and download the SS bios. I would also recomend using Abits Slocket and if you can find one get the celeron 566 boxed (not OEM) and overclock it to 850.

PS The celeron 700 uses 1.75 volts so 1.8 should be no problem.