FCC Adopts Stricter Privacy Framework For ISPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
The most likely outcome is an additional plan you can pick that is higher cost with lower speeds/cap and all of the current ones adding the " I Opt in" into the EULA.
I'm glad to see some changes attempting to allow us to chose where our data is used.

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
I hope they have language specifically spelling out taht they cant just roll it into the EULA. Because if they can, then you have no choice, you either accept the ula or you dont get service.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Well we could always go with a different IS.. Oh wait..

Tanyac

Reputable
Yep. This goes on here in Australia too with the big guys like Telstra and Optus doing the same things.

Indeed, in Optus' case they go a step further and try to prevent customers protecting their privacy by interfering with attempts to use VPNs or encryption tools. Their mail servers can't be white listed so if you use a VPN you can't send or receive emails with Optus, and they have no security on their email anyway so why would you want to use Optus anyway. Their routers they provide (at least for NBN), are severely crippled and have most security options disabled.

Just frickin make the Internet Infrastructure a utility already. It's obvious these companies have every intention to screw the customer over in every possible way they can. Capitalism only works when there is competition, if there is none it is the worst economic system you can have. Companies actively block competitors, refuse to improve service / product, and load money into the political system. It's the same thing for any monopoly anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.