FCC Chairman And Free Internet Champion Tom Wheeler To Step Down

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008

Bernie Sanders never had a clue what was going on. Any time he was asked how he would accomplish the things he talked about, he never could answer how. All he wanted to do was give everyone everything for "free". And corrupt? Bernie himself was in on it. He never would go after Hillary for legitimate issues of concern like her emails. If pointing out that she was in violation of the law is too hard for Bernie to do then he really wasn't trying to win. And if he was so against corruption, why not point out all the conflicts Hillary had with the donations to the Clinton Foundation?

And who is Trump suppose to pick? High school drop outs? No, he has to pick successful people. And the ones he is picking are ones who realize that small business is the heart of the economy.

Daekar3

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
I come here for technology news, not political op-ed disguised as journalism. There is nothing unusual about Tom stepping down. This is just another smear piece written by someone grumpy their candidate lost.

Tom's, you've been warned. I've already dropped my patronage of more than one place over this nonsense. Stick to your mission or lose a reader.

This is all normal, Tom Wheeler is an appointee and trump has to ask him to stay or appoint someone else.

Also, toms is projecting a doom and gloom message. Fact is, no one knows what trump and the new administration wants to do.

I personally like my unlimited streaming music tablet plan on Tmobile, i hope they don't get rid of that. I have an hour commute to work, 2 hours per day and i stream spotify the whole time on Android Auto. Net Neutrality would kill it :-(

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
until trump, or any other president, realizes that duo-opolies are bad, we'll continue to have crappy internet in the USA.

We need competition and free market.

Poozle

Reputable
May 9, 2015
This is a thinly veiled opinion article that should either be taken down or marked as such. It is CLEARLY bias and has wrong information. The bias is towards the old fcc "leader" and is not only based on facts, nor even rumors. It is basically slander towards a new president who is not even in office yet or had a chance to do what he wants. I am horribly offended by this piece because of the lack of open mindedness, the bias, the false hope that "There's a chance that Wheeler set his resignation for Jan. 20 with the hope that the Electoral college will prevent trump from becoming president" WHAT THE F**K IS THIS GARBAGE? Who said that? You do not even have a source for that besides your own imagination. This is a tech news site, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR POLITICAL OPINION. Keep it out of this site.

Their shift to the right has been an EPIC FAIL then. They also took to Trump Bashing and ignoring Hillary and DNC scandals. Sometimes they even made up stuff and/or ignored other facts and got caught (albeit on other subjects.) I think the only one worse than CNN in this whole mess has been MSNBC.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008

You're joking right? That may could have been said when they had the likes of Glen Beck, but now with Van Jones being given his own show, they have gone extremely far left.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008

"Now that Donald Trump is reportedly going to name Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson as his choice for secretary of state any minute now, we can count on a predictable line of media chatter. All these CEOs! CKE Restaurants chief Andrew Puzder for labor secretary; Wilbur Ross, head of his own investment firm, for commerce secretary; former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to run the Small Business Administration; hedge fund and film company boss Steven Mnuchin for treasury secretary; and now Tillerson. It’s the most CEO-intensive cabinet ever. Can this be good for the country? Do these mega-bosses even understand ordinary people? What about conflicts of interest?" - Fortune.com

"Donald Trump paid nearly $12.5 million to his own businesses and family members during his 18-month campaign for president, a CNN review of federal reports shows." - money.CNN.com

By all means, continue sticking your head in the sand thinking Trump cares about you or small businesses.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008

Yes and Hillary really cared about anyone but herself huh? I mean she goes around claiming how all women should be believed when claiming sexual harassment but led the charge against the "bimbo squad" who were accusing her husband when he was president. She was also taking money left and right from nations like Saudi Arabia who not only kill people for being homosexual but kill them by stoning. Not to mention she was the one taking money from Wall Street and the tech billionaires.

Yes, most of these are CEO's who have worked hard, who had normal starts in life, not insulated in the Hollywood bubble or from political dynasties such as the Kennedy's and not only have zero clue about middle America but openly mock it as the Podesta emails proved. For all your bashing of these CEO's, tell us who he should appoint? High school dropouts? Failures?

It's amazing your side bashes Trump for inexperience, yet supported people in Obama and Hillary, neither of whom has any clue or experience with any experience middle America has.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008

If you'll notice, I never defended Hillary. Yeah, she's bought. As is maybe 90% or more of the Democrats and 100% of the Republicans. The people who bought her are the same people Trump wants in his administration. Also it's hilarious that you think CEOs have any idea what middle America is going through. They've kept our wages stagnant for decades even as worker productivity has been consistently rising over the same period.

Status
Not open for further replies.