Features of a gpu worth considering?

yakamaster

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
Which feature of a gpu should i consider if im bying it for gaming?

1)Bus
2)Memory
3)Core Speed
4)Shader Speed
5)Memory Speed
6)Unified Shaders
7)Texture Mapping Units
8)Render Output Units
9)Bus Type
10)Bus Width
11)DirectX Version
12)OpenGL Version
13)Power (Max TDP)
14)Shader Model
15)Bandwidth
16)Texel Rate
17)Pixel Rate

(If this helps i took these from hwcompre)
I really dont know which ones to consider.please help....

Solution
neither. look into actual benchmark reviews. any of em' be it tom's hardware, techspot, techreport, anandtech, techpowerup, etc., just don't rely on one. look at at least 3 reviews.

HWcompare is a VERY horrible site to use to gauge a GPU's performance, as they're more concerned with theoretical numbers than actual performance. a user here once posted a comparison between an 8800GTX and a more modern GPU that outperforms it in reviews, seeing the older GPU outperforming it by several magnitude solely on numbers.

but if you want a more proper answer;
1)choose a budget
2)look at cards that are within your budget at PCpartpicker
3)look at reviews of the card(s). they're usually pitted against cards of the same price range.
4)get the card...

Hazle

Distinguished
neither. look into actual benchmark reviews. any of em' be it tom's hardware, techspot, techreport, anandtech, techpowerup, etc., just don't rely on one. look at at least 3 reviews.

HWcompare is a VERY horrible site to use to gauge a GPU's performance, as they're more concerned with theoretical numbers than actual performance. a user here once posted a comparison between an 8800GTX and a more modern GPU that outperforms it in reviews, seeing the older GPU outperforming it by several magnitude solely on numbers.

but if you want a more proper answer;
1)choose a budget
2)look at cards that are within your budget at PCpartpicker
3)look at reviews of the card(s). they're usually pitted against cards of the same price range.
4)get the card with the best performance in your budget, or save up some more if you're unhappy with what you see.

Solution