Fedora 17 Now Available for Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingray71

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
I'm running Ubuntu on my primary system now and boot into windows only to play BF3. Really like the world of Linux. Except for the occasional PC game, there's nothing I miss from Windows. Might give Fedora a try.

G

Linux Mint is awesome and what I would switch in a heartbeat if I could play all my PC games. Ive tried some wine using playonlinux and was able to play torchlight and use steam. Desura and I think its called DJL is like steam for linux.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Wonder how good it is on batteries and with touch screens. It would be fun for tablet makers to pick a full-featured Linux distribution instead of Win8.

hugodaniel

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Except for the occasional PC game, there's nothing I miss from Windows. Might give Fedora a try.

stingray71, try playonlinux and im sure you will be amazed by the ammount of windows games you can play in linux (some of them run even better in linux, like starcraft 2)

G

[citation][nom]hugodaniel[/nom]stingray71, try playonlinux and im sure you will be amazed by the ammount of windows games you can play in linux (some of them run even better in linux, like starcraft 2)[/citation]
but will it play crysis?!

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Make it completely unnecessary to use the terminal for anything & I'll install it. Last time I tried MANY disto's & many of them required annoying (I HATE terminals) command line actions for simple things.

[citation][nom]K2N hater[/nom]Wonder how good it is on batteries and with touch screens. It would be fun for tablet makers to pick a full-featured Linux distribution instead of Win8.[/citation]
Only problem with that would be the fact that tablet makers will want to actually sell there tablets and the only way to do that short of geeks is with Windows. Like it don't like it that is the way it is. And no Starcraft 2 does not run better on Linux than it does on Windows just the opposite infact.

Status
Not open for further replies.