[SOLVED] Feedback About Multi-GPU 2080ti For Gaming Need Help

I have 144hz 4k gaming mointor with 2080ti and i9 9900k And 32GB Ram when playing games its really smooth on 4k gaming but do i need to have two 2080ti to play games with 144hz or is it just worth it to save my cash!

Question Is Is It Worth Doing SLI or having two GPU

Last edited:
Solution
Depends on the titles in question.

To "play" at 144Hz 4K? No, probably not, most of the time - provided you're prepared to lower in-game settings etc.

To have the best chance of 4K 144Hz High/Max settings on most titles though, SLI 2080TI's is really the only choice these days...... but unless the game supports/scales reasonably well with SLI, it's probably a waste.

Since you have a 2080TI currently, how do framerates look in the games you play?
If you're not coming close to 144Hz, even when lowering settings some..... then a second 2080TI might be worth considering, provided those games support SLI.

Realistically though, SLI is never "worth it" these days... and unless you want to eek out every extra frame, regardless of...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

To "play" at 144Hz 4K? No, probably not, most of the time - provided you're prepared to lower in-game settings etc.

To have the best chance of 4K 144Hz High/Max settings on most titles though, SLI 2080TI's is really the only choice these days...... but unless the game supports/scales reasonably well with SLI, it's probably a waste.

Since you have a 2080TI currently, how do framerates look in the games you play?
If you're not coming close to 144Hz, even when lowering settings some..... then a second 2080TI might be worth considering, provided those games support SLI.

Realistically though, SLI is never "worth it" these days... and unless you want to eek out every extra frame, regardless of cost, you're better off saving your cash.

Reactions: King_V
Solution

Realistically though, SLI is never "worth it" these days... and unless you want to eek out every extra frame, regardless of cost, you're better off saving your cash.

I just wanted feedback about doing SLI been thinking about it and wont go out of my mind and to be honest do not mind what FPS am getting not unless its really low and starts to lag but playing call of duty and gta its gone smooth!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Then generally speaking, you're better off keeping the cash in your pocket.

Take a look at any review for SLI these days, there's minimal support unless games are built on engines with native support. Even when there's support, scaling tends to be pretty poor.

Then generally speaking, you're better off keeping the cash in your pocket.

Take a look at any review for SLI these days, there's minimal support unless games are built on engines with native support. Even when there's support, scaling tends to be pretty poor.

I have been reading many feedback and SLI just wanted someone to change my mind and it worked thanks for your help!