Question feedback from PC speakers when using dual sources

njitgrad

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2012
I have a feedback issue with a brand new set of Edifier G2000 PC speakers. I have two sources connected to it (my PC via USB cable and my laptop via 3.5mm audio cable). When both inputs are plugged into it I hear feedback. When I unplug any of the two inputs the feedback goes away. Any suggestions? The only thing that I can think of is the proximity of the laptop to the PC....and also the fact that the laptop connects to a docking station but since there is no audio port on the docking station, the 3.5 mm audio cable is connected directly to the laptop.

This problem also occurs on a pair of Creative gaming speakers which is why I bought the new Edifier speakers.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I have this same issue and have just been reaching back and unplugging the 3.5mm jack on one of the PC while not in use. The "fix" would be something along the lines of an A/B switch setup if you can find the proper connections.

I have main connected to the main 3.5mm inputs on the speakers (Logitech) and a 3.5mm adapter to component connections on speaker. Since both are on my desktop to stay away from dust/carpet it is easy to do. YMMV.

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
I have a feedback issue with a brand new set of Edifier G2000 PC speakers. I have two sources connected to it (my PC via USB cable and my laptop via 3.5mm audio cable). When both inputs are plugged into it I hear feedback. When I unplug any of the two inputs the feedback goes away. Any suggestions? The only thing that I can think of is the proximity of the laptop to the PC....and also the fact that the laptop connects to a docking station but since there is no audio port on the docking station, the 3.5 mm audio cable is connected directly to the laptop.

This problem also occurs on a pair of Creative gaming speakers which is why I bought the new Edifier speakers.
Normally audo feedback occurs when a speaker is near a microphone and the microphone picks up the speaker output and then amplifies it. I suggest you try connection both speakers through an audio cable; you may need a splitter. I think what you are calling feedback is caused by the audio arriving at one speaker earlier than the other. This would make sense, as i would expect the audio signal to arrive at the destination slightly before the blue tooth signal.