Feel Like My Specs Are Fine, But Games Like League and Dark Souls Have Frame Problems

Jun 23, 2018
So, this happens occasionally for League of Legends, but I can usually run it at 80 FPS at medium-low video settings with no problems, but sometimes it runs at 80 for a few minutes and then drops to 30 FPS for another couple minutes and then goes back to 80 then to 30 then to 80 etc. Games like Dark Souls or FFXV at low settings are constantly at 30 FPS even though I feel like they should be working fine. Now it is a Lenovo Laptop so my best guess is that its just overheating too quickly, but I have cooling pads to help it out, and that worked for a while but sometimes it doesn't seem to do anything.

My specs are:
CPU - Intel Core i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz
RAM - 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
Storage - 223GB PNY CS900 240GB SSD
Graphics - TWO 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M with SLI running

I've tried watching YouTube videos on how to optimize Nvidia settings but they all end up the same. Is my hardware out of date, other things I should try to cool my laptop, or do I really just need to buy a desktop? Thanks.

jb1232

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
I'm not sure if its related to your issue but this solution is gold in general I found it on anther thread. Download RAMmap from Microsoft and run it. Once your in go to the "empty" tab up the top and press "empty standby list" only solution which actually solved my stuttering and fps issues in all games consistently. Helped massively in BF1, Far cry 5 and ARK. Good luck I hope it helps.