[SOLVED] FIFA sometimes slow, sometimes smooth (offline)

Jan 12, 2021
Hey. I have this issue where sometimes my FIFA 21 (but it also happened with 20) runs perfectly, and sometimes it just feels slow. FPS, RAM and CPU are still the same, I have no other programs running. When it's slow there is no stutter, but I do notice some input lag and it just looks and feels slower. Animations seem weird, players can't control the ball, it feels like playing in the mud.
Sometimes only restarting FIFA works, sometimes restarting the pc does the trick, and sometimes nothing works. I can't predect when it will be the good or the bad gameplay, and it has nothing to do with videocard drivers or FIFA updates. I do notice that late in the evening tends to give me a bigger chance of the smooth gameplay, but this is not always the case.
Any help would be grately appreciated. It's driving me mad.

Solution
I googled a bit more about defender, and it turns out that that was actually the issue. I've been turning real time protection off before starting FIFA and so far it's been smooth sailing. Thanks! I've been struggling with this for more than a year.
Jan 12, 2021
I googled a bit more about defender, and it turns out that that was actually the issue. I've been turning real time protection off before starting FIFA and so far it's been smooth sailing. Thanks! I've been struggling with this for more than a year.

Solution