[SOLVED] File Explorer Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2020
Hi! I looked at the other posts and while all seem to have the same problem, the solutions don't work. I have file explorer pinned on the taskbar, pressing on it does nothing, if anything it opens around 8 minutes later. To open file explorer I would have to type it in the Start menu. When opening, I would only see Quick Access most of the time. Also, it is labeled, "File Explorer (1)". Is there 2 instances of file explorer? Lastly, the worst part is that whenever right clicking on ANYTHING on file explorer it instantly freezes and I would have to wait 30-40 seconds until it automatically restarts. I have an i7 7700, 16gb ram. As of my knowledge my PC hardware isn't related to the issue. What should I do?

Apr 30, 2020
hdd or ssd?
run any health test?
malware scan the system?
I have an m.2 ssd. I tried a virus scan and it showed everything was fine. I ran a test on everything hardware wise and nothing seems out of the ordinary, PC runs flawlessly on every other app. The issue is software but I can't see to rule out the culprit.

Endre

Reputable
Hi! I looked at the other posts and while all seem to have the same problem, the solutions don't work. I have file explorer pinned on the taskbar, pressing on it does nothing, if anything it opens around 8 minutes later. To open file explorer I would have to type it in the Start menu. When opening, I would only see Quick Access most of the time. Also, it is labeled, "File Explorer (1)". Is there 2 instances of file explorer? Lastly, the worst part is that whenever right clicking on ANYTHING on file explorer it instantly freezes and I would have to wait 30-40 seconds until it automatically restarts. I have an i7 7700, 16gb ram. As of my knowledge my PC hardware isn't related to the issue. What should I do?

If nothing else works, reinstalling Windows clean will surely solve the issue.
But that will take about 20-30 minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.