File History not working

Information System

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
I'm trying to use file history to back up my main files but it's not working for some reason. The external drive is connected and I can access it, and I've used this same one before without issue but now the files aren't showing up on anywhere on the drive.

440899acb2f15d94e5942b82566e8bfd.png

Any ideas?

Solution
Hey there, @Information System!

Did you have any recent Windows 10 Updates? There is a similar issue that a lot of users encounter after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. However, I do see a FileHistory folder on the external drive, are you sure that your files are not being backed up there? Usually, that process will make a basic backup and afterwards every backup procedure is just of files that have been modified.
If it doesn't work, maybe you should consider re-doing the File History Setup in Windows 10.

Hope it helps. Let me know how it goes.
SuperSoph_WD
Hey there, @Information System!

Did you have any recent Windows 10 Updates? There is a similar issue that a lot of users encounter after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. However, I do see a FileHistory folder on the external drive, are you sure that your files are not being backed up there? Usually, that process will make a basic backup and afterwards every backup procedure is just of files that have been modified.
If it doesn't work, maybe you should consider re-doing the File History Setup in Windows 10.

Hope it helps. Let me know how it goes.
SuperSoph_WD

Solution