[SOLVED] File Record Segment is Unreadable x20000 (times) and counting

Jun 17, 2019
Hello everyone. I recently dropped my laptop while it was running and with the OS on the hard drive. So I replaced it with a SSD and it works great, so perfect.
But I want to recover some files from it. I already plug the hard drive in my desktop, did a Recuva scan for non-deleted files and recovered the most important files, but I still want the rest. But i've noticed that I had more and more "data error (cyclic redundancy check) as I go through recovering files (I split my "recoveries" by folder/directories, I don't do everything at once).
So i decided to perform a CHKDSK /f, and it did its thing at first but now is almost stuck. it was about to take between 30 and 80 hours to do so (this 1 Tb hard drive is slow) but now, it finds a new "File Record Segment is unreadable" at a steady rate of 7,5 per minute, or 1 every 8 seconds.

this is quit a long context but I wanted to know how the drop of an hard drive (while spinning) would affect sectors and everything. The scan has 500 000 "done" (files?) to go through, and has been doing around 20 000 in the last 40 hours or so. the scan is now telling me that I have 300 hours to wait, but it goes up one minute more every 8 second. The other question that goes with it is : Can I expect the scan to come back to "normal" at any minute or will it goes through a 100K more, if not the entire drive ?

Thank you for having the patience to read this, and please tel me if you know some answer to the problem.
Have a great evening :)

Solution
Inconvenient is an odd choice of words, but stop it, and carry on with Recuva, it'll gloss over bad reads better. Then get ready to buy a new disk, I hope you are putting this data somewhere else other than on the damaged disk.
Rule number 1.1 of data recovery, recover it to elsewhere, if you recover it to the damaged media it makes further recoveries less likely and means that you might lose what you've just recovered, assume the disk will die and every 5s you get with it is a bonus.
Jun 17, 2019
Yeah but in Recuva I might still be able to access the file not in the non-deleted but in the deleted way right ? by the way it's the CHKDSK that is taking so much time, an estimated 360 hours currently :/

Inconvenient is an odd choice of words, but stop it, and carry on with Recuva, it'll gloss over bad reads better. Then get ready to buy a new disk, I hope you are putting this data somewhere else other than on the damaged disk.
Rule number 1.1 of data recovery, recover it to elsewhere, if you recover it to the damaged media it makes further recoveries less likely and means that you might lose what you've just recovered, assume the disk will die and every 5s you get with it is a bonus.

Solution
Jun 17, 2019
Thank you, I will do it this way ! Sorry for the laziness of my response, I was kind of frustrated about it yesterday, especially since i have been on it for a week :/ And thank you for the advise/rule, that's a great way to see the picture.