[SOLVED] File recovery on harddisk doesn't find files on older partition

Mar 11, 2020
Hello everybody!

I built my first PC and switched to a SSD. I put my old hard disk into my new computer as some extra storage. It's one disk with 2 partitions. One for Windows, programs, and so on and the other one as storage. I formatted the Windows partition and wanted to extend the volume of the data partition but somehow I managed to change the disk from basic to dynamic and deleted everything on it. When running file recovery software I can find some basic files of the new dynamic disk but I need to "go one step further back" to get access to the "old" data partition.

Is there a way to do so and if yes, how?

Hope that was understandable and thank you for your time :)

Solution
I'm not sure, however, I think something as strong as MiniTool Professional Data Recovery which includes a partition recovery function might very well help here. I sure hope before this happened that you made backups of your data onto external media.

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
I'm not sure, however, I think something as strong as MiniTool Professional Data Recovery which includes a partition recovery function might very well help here. I sure hope before this happened that you made backups of your data onto external media.

Solution
Mar 11, 2020

Thx for your answer! I tried the tool with partition recovery but it only finds the partition on the dynamic disk not the two partiotions I had earlier on my then basic disk.