FileFront Closing Down at End of March

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonMe2

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]gwolfman[/nom]Can anyone recommend any non-queue and/or non-registration sites for game patches? Thanks![/citation]
Same question as above. Where can I go for HalfLife2 mods? Who will host all the talented modders out there?

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
[citation][nom]furryappleseed[/nom]Wow, this is sad. This was my spot for dl, great transer speeds and no wait. I must admit though, in recent times I have not used it much at all.[/citation]

I always remember waiting. That's why I always avoid it.

Pethegreat

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
File front and the associated network sites were a great place to download files from. I did some work for them back about 3 years ago, and the staff was very professional and efficient. It will be a shame to see it go.

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]hwnmafia02[/nom]I wonder what's going to happen to all that data they have...[/citation]
as i remember, it was over a few terabuytes last time i checked...

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Well this is just great, for the games that dont use services like steam and GFW to update themselves Filefront was one of the very few places where publishers would give a remote damn to put thier stuff other than the grand queue that is FlilePlanet.Get your file and go about your buisiness.Intrestingly enough,wouldnt it be more effecient if publishers latched onto services like steam and GFW to send thier patches to be distributed to the masses with relative ease of implementation,meh who knows what the future holds, its still a shame to see the site go.

n0e

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Monster_user[/nom]What about the Forum? I wasn't a nobody for once. I was one of the better technicians. Widely considered to be among the top 5 on the site. I'm going to miss the community... --- Monster_user[/citation]
We are setting up new forums as well as getting the network sites up and operational. I hope to see many familiar faces when this time comes.

Official information regarding the creation of the new network and fourms can be found here;
http://www.therogueforums.com/filefront-preservation-forum/

Admittedly, there isn't much information just yet as we're still recovering and backing up all of the vast information on the network sites. But as things go operational and there is new news you will be able to find it at this location. Most of the regular members of our old forum community have flocked here as a temporary home looking to find out what the heck happened.

hustler539

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
No! This sucks, I used them all the time for my downloads, they gave me the best speeds. Also I could find all my game patches here without worry of it not working.

rebelgtp

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
Filefront is not closing... the original owners/creators have bought the site back... notice on front page links to this:

FileFront has been acquired by the original founders of the site and will NOT be suspended as previously announced. This is NOT an April Fool's Joke.

After learning about Ziff Davis Media's plan to suspend FileFront at the end of March, the original founders of FileFront made the decision to buy it back from Ziff Davis Media.

We're happy to announce to the gaming community that as of today, April 1st, 2009, FileFront is a completely independent company again and is no longer part of Ziff Davis Media. All previously suspended services should be active and working again. We thank Ziff Davis Media for their cooperation and willingness to keep the site and community alive.

Due to the very unfortunate timing of this event and related announcements on March 24th and April 1st (April Fool's Day), we'd like to make it perfectly clear that:

1) 1) The March 24th announcement about FileFront suspending its operation was NOT an early April Fool's joke.

2) This announcement about the original founders buying back FileFront from Ziff Davis Media is also NOT an April Fool's joke.

3) We're making this announcement on April 1st because the deal was completed today and we want to bring all services back online immediately.

4) We would NEVER suspend FileFront as an April Fool's joke.

5) We are happy to be back!

FileFront has existed in one form or another (originally as FileLeech and Voodoo Extreme's downloads) since 1997. In the last 12 years, FileFront has become the gaming community's most comprehensive and trafficked library hosting millions of files for thousands of games while requiring no registration and providing uncapped download speeds. We look forward to improving FileFront and serving the gaming community for years to come.

Welcome home. Game On!

Email us, founders@filefront.com

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]rebelgtp[/nom]Filefront is not closing... the original owners/creators have bought the site back... notice on front page links to this:[/citation]
There's also an article on this ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.