Question Files not saving to SSD drive in enclosure

shutterguy

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I have a Samsung 850 EVO SSD drive inside a UGreen USB-C enclosure. The problem I am having is when I save files to it from my home pc running WIN10, verify the files, plug the drive into my Surface Pro 7, the files don't show. Not sure if its the home pc, the drive, or the enclosure. It's like the data was never saved.

Ralston18

Titan
How are you saving the files from home pc to the drive? What software and process? What "verification" is being used?

Do the files appear if the UGreen enclosure is connected to another known working computer?

Does the UGreen drive/enclosure appear in Disk Management on the Surface Pro 7? And/or appears in Disk Management on another known working computer?

On your home pc, open the Disk Management Window showing all drives. Do a screen capture and post via imgur (www.imgur.com).

shutterguy

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
How are you saving the files from home pc to the drive? What software and process? What "verification" is being used?

Do the files appear if the UGreen enclosure is connected to another known working computer?

Does the UGreen drive/enclosure appear in Disk Management on the Surface Pro 7? And/or appears in Disk Management on another known working computer?

On your home pc, open the Disk Management Window showing all drives. Do a screen capture and post via imgur (www.imgur.com).

If you write the files, unplug the drive, then replug it into the same source computer, are the files still there?

I ended up buying a new Sandisk 3D Ultra SSD 1TB drive yesterday from Best Buy. Tried the same process, copy image files using windows explorer to the drive on the home pc. Open Adobe Bridge and browse to the files directory on the SSD, files are there. Disconnected it from the home pc, waited a few seconds, plugged it back in. Checked to make sure the files are there, they were. Unplugged the SSD and connected it to the Surface, checked the files with windows explorer, they were there.

For reference I have another identical UGreen ssd enclosure with a Crucial SSD drive in it, no issues doing the same process.

I think my problem is the 850 EVO, no issues with the Sandisk in the same enclosure.