'Final Fantasy XV' Shows New Driving Footage, Announces 2016 Release Window At PAX Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Would be great if it's getting a PC release and at a fair size as well. Don't want it taking up 50gb of my drive.

Sounds like you're living in the past.

If you can't spare 50GB on your HDD for a game then you
A. Need a bigger drive
B. Should stick to playing disc based console games

tlhudson69

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
Would be great if it's getting a PC release and at a fair size as well. Don't want it taking up 50gb of my drive.

Sounds like you're living in the past.

If you can't spare 50GB on your HDD for a game then you
A. Need a bigger drive
B. Should stick to playing disc based console games

Or he is living in the now and has a SSD on a Laptop and does not want to spend a few hundred bucks for a new drive just to gain a few Gb when the one he has is working fine.........

If you want to game on a laptop and ensure you have plenty of space, you need to lose the DVD/BD player and install a second large volume 2.5" HDD there for storage. I don't know of anyone in their right mind who expects to install and play any number of today's games, let alone tomorrow's, on a laptop with a 250GB SSD.

Yes, it most certainly does have to do with living in the now. If you want to play games of today and tomorrow, you need the storage space. And everything is relative, too. In 2005, Half-Life 2 took up 5GB of a typical 120GB PC drive, and the typical laptop back then only had a 20 or 40GB HDD. So really, the HL2 space requirement impact on a 20GB laptop was not much different than today's 50GB games on a 250GB SSD. It amazes me how people expect today's graphics in games to use yesterday's storage space requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.