[SOLVED] Finding my Wi-fi Password

thailend1935

Prominent
Sep 13, 2018
I recently installed a combo Modem/Router to add wi-fi to my internet. It works fine. My wife wants to add that same wi-fi to her phone, but we drew a blank when she located that app and it asked for the password for that app, I couldn't remember if I knew it or even remember being asked for it initially.
My questions: when I set the wi-fi up initially, was I asked for it? If so, how can I locate it? How can she tap into that wi-fi or is it even possible?

Solution
There shouldn't be any need for an 'app'.

On a phone, you should just be able to locate the SSID under the network options and connect to it.
You will require a security key/password which, unless you changed it, should be on the router itself - typically on the underside, on a sticker.

You should really change the default password though - by login into the router via it's IP address and username/password (also should be on a sticker on the device).

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
There shouldn't be any need for an 'app'.

On a phone, you should just be able to locate the SSID under the network options and connect to it.
You will require a security key/password which, unless you changed it, should be on the router itself - typically on the underside, on a sticker.

You should really change the default password though - by login into the router via it's IP address and username/password (also should be on a sticker on the device).

Solution
Last edited: