[SOLVED] Fingerprint and other driver issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atyen

Honorable
Apr 5, 2015
Hi,
I installed Windows 10 on my ASUS S14 S430FN laptop, and now Windows doesn't detect the fingerprint sensor. It was working fine before. I've tried installing the drivers from ASUS's website but no luck. Its not showing up in Device Manager, and there are a lot of driver issues in Device Manager (image attached). Please help.

Solution
I solved it. For anyone wondering, I downloaded all the chipset drivers from ASUS's website, extracted them and put them all in a folder. Then one by one, I tried to update the driver for each device which had the warning symbol in the device manager and selected the folder where I had extracted all the drivers. They all got fixed, and the fingerprint is working too.

Atyen

Honorable
Apr 5, 2015
Hi, thank you for your response. I tried troubleshooting, and it listed everything which was under "Other devices" in the Device Manager in the image I attached above, and it couldn't fix any of them. I also tried the commands, but they didn't fix it either.

Atyen

Honorable
Apr 5, 2015
I solved it. For anyone wondering, I downloaded all the chipset drivers from ASUS's website, extracted them and put them all in a folder. Then one by one, I tried to update the driver for each device which had the warning symbol in the device manager and selected the folder where I had extracted all the drivers. They all got fixed, and the fingerprint is working too.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.