Question Firecuda SSHD 2TB

Mar 14, 2020
Just picked up a Firecuda SSHD 2TB and it seems like its way below expected performance and other benchmarks ive been seeing. Did I get a dud? Can I do anything to up the performance?

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
"Just picked up..."

How long?
It takes a bit for the cache to do its thing. And that is only for Read speed, for that data that lives in the small cache space. Write still happens at regular 5400 HDD speed.

Maxxify

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007
The FireCuda SSHD has three types of memory: a first, volatile level of DRAM (64-128MB) that acts as a write cache, a second non-volatile level of flash (8GB of MLC NAND) that acts as a faster reading tier, and finally a large non-volatile section of HDD for cold storage (lower tier). The flash is not cache but a tier.

Mar 14, 2020
"Just picked up..."

How long?
It takes a bit for the cache to do its thing. And that is only for Read speed, for that data that lives in the small cache space. Write still happens at regular 5400 HDD speed.
5 days. How long does it need as the kinda break in period?

popatim

Titan
Is this drive mounted internally or externally?

[Internal]
Which motherboard do you have?
Which Sata port is it connected to?
What mode is your Sata ports set on in the bios?

[External]
What device are you using to interface to the drive and which port on the PC?

Mar 14, 2020
Is this drive mounted internally or externally?

[Internal]
Which motherboard do you have?
Which Sata port is it connected to?
What mode is your Sata ports set on in the bios?

[External]
What device are you using to interface to the drive and which port on the PC?
Internal
Asus Rog Strix b450f
Port 1
AHCI

Mar 25, 2020
I have the 1tb model and get about the same performance numbers. I was worried something was wrong with it but seeing this just makes me think that's how they are. Slow.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS