Firefox 18 With IonMonkey Now in Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]vaughn2k[/nom]Benchmark results will make me think and consider...[/citation]
What about the tab management? Unlike Chrome it will always be able to show like the first 10 characters of the web page and everything about the browser is much more customizable. Also tab candy is really useful for organizing.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
They go from a hunting monkey to a monkey that's missing an electron? I'm not sure I follow that progression; but it's kind of weird. In a creepy way.

I'd name it Schwerpunkt. Then they could use the line "A browser without Schwerpunkt is like a man without character."

sharpless78

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]They go from a hunting monkey to a monkey that's missing an electron?[/citation]

There could be extra electrons too. ;)

john15v16

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
I hope they got it right this time...I used to only use firefox...would love to start using it more again...but it's chrome for the time being...

randomizer

Champion
I ran a couple of tests that I've used before on jsperf, and if anything this version was slower than 17. In fact it was considerably slower than IE10, let alone Chrome. Anyone can make benchmarks that make a browser look good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.