Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1 Arrives for Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm... FF 3.7a1 has been out since DECEMBER! This is truly late news man.
Been running 3.7a1 Alpha since January and with the exception of 3 adons, every thing else works fine.

For those interested in Alpha builds keep an eye out on the Minefield dev trunk.

Btw, those links give me a 404. Here's where you can grab pre compiled builds: http://www.wg9s.com/mozilla/firefox/

chechak

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
firefox is good but lately isn't that good i believe it will return as we all know Excellent!!!
so now iam using Opera its great and I'll wait for new Firefox full 3.7 !!
how about creepy IE ?
hope they improve it soon because last one is Err...!!! :p

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
I suppose even though it is an interim build "3.7" Tom's will use it as a new browser, letting IE6 gain second spot on the list???????

[citation][nom]chechak[/nom]firefox is good but lately isn't that good i believe it will return as we all know Excellent!!! so now iam using Opera its great and I'll wait for new Firefox full 3.7 !!how about creepy IE ? hope they improve it soon because last one is Err...!!![/citation]
Gotta agreed. With the exception of CAD,Photo/vid editing and games, Fire Fox uses most of my RAM. More so than Chrome, IE, Explorer, and Word ,etc. I do have 6GB+ but I do wish it was more RAM conservetive as I have a lot of tabs running at once some times and a few times, I manage to make Fire Fox eat up ~600MB of my RAM! :ouch:

G

That's nice and all, but it's not like some of us were running that way back when the 3.6 beta was announced for download. I would *still* be running Minefield/3.7a1 pre, except that just last week it updated to 3.7a2 pre...

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]tomtompiper[/nom]I suppose even though it is an interim build "3.7" Tom's will use it as a new browser, letting IE6 gain second spot on the list???????[/citation]
Oh hey! How much you want to bet that if FF was included with Windows that FF would be #1? And again, people would actually have a more secure browser from the start over IE...programmers won't have to find stupid work-arounds for getting ALL PRIOR VERSIONS OF IE TO FUNCTION PROPERLY...and I could go on...and on...and on...and on............

G

Opera 10.50 Pre-Alpha for the win. Its 300 percent faster than firefox 3.6 in java based websites.

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Wow. There's somebody doing all the "-1" thing again.

@mayne92: Then it would be renamed as Microsoft Firefox instead. :p Honestly, I'm quite disappointed with Firefox's performance lately. I've been using this since version 1. Maybe I still can't get over with the numerous crashes I encountered from FF 3.5.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]This is truly late news man.[/citation]
Not according to Mozilla it isn't, they published the news yesterday. It's here (as are the working download links): https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2010/02/10/mozilla-developer-preview-gecko-1-9-3a1-available-for-download/

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
I hope this will help the Battlefield heroes team to fix the problems they have had with the latest build...it only runs on >FF 3.5 and IE and honestly IE has always sucked moose balls compared to FF

Status
Not open for further replies.