Firefox 4 Beta 1 Now Available for Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
I like that they're adding new features, while still allowing you to use the previous features, ex.) the location of the tabs. They've got the right idea.

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
[citation][nom]phoenix777[/nom]Chrome all the way. Firefox doesn't work well on my 64 bit Win7[/citation]

Yeah i agree. 3.6 crashes often and memory leak. But they siad 4.0 will officially support 64bit, so im so looking forward to this one. But...disappointed

G

Could I lose my bookmarks if I instruct my Mac to replace Firefox 3.6 with Firefox 4 ?

joex444

Distinguished
Lame lame lame! I downloaded the beta on 7/2/10. Way to go guys, nothing like timely news. Maybe it wasn't posted on their website, but it sure as shit was on their FTP.

flightmare

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
[citation][nom]footsoldier[/nom]I hope they will change the interface. I totally dislike it[/citation]A dev said it will be possible to use the old fashioned interface.

atdhe

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
OMG, a firefox article without the firefox chick? WTF!?!?

Joking aside, there's just one thing i don't like about firefox, it just feels 'heavy', besides that, together with Chrome, there's nothing better out there.

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
AArrrrggghhh looks as ugly as windows media player 10.

Hope they fixed the GCC4.5.0 slowness in 3.6.0.

How is the Java & flash hard drive r*pe bug doing fixed or not ?

wittermark

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
[citation][nom]WarraWarra[/nom]LOL what does work on Win7 ?[/citation]
pretty much every software I use runs seamlessly on win7, whats your point?

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
Nah, i'll wait until i HAVE to update, or at least until more than a small fraction of my add-ons are supported. Don't much care for the new default interface. The title bar is a major waste of space

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
if they havent fixed the flash crash :p then im sorry they need to be doing that more so, im staying with 3.6.3 still cause the latest and others crash 90% on most flash... I dont mind the new one i was testing 3.7 and it was really nice i think pretty quick and a lot less ram, but alas still had the flash problem which takes down the whole broswer so i dont know were there protection crash stuff... doesnt work here :p

murdoc

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
I like chrome and it's a smart move from Mozilla to get Firefox back on the competitive edge with this new interface change. I'd definitely try this out. I hope they improve the load times and startup times further as the current firefox seems a bit bulky when compared to chrome.

hellswaters

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
For everyone complaining about it looking like Chrome, its pretty simple to change back to the 3.6 layout.

Simply click the orange Firefox box on top, customize, then menu bar.

If you want tabs on the bottom, customize then tabs on bottom. (If you have the menu bar, go view toolbars, tabs on bottom.)

Those simple changes make it look almost identical to 3.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.