Firefox 4 to See Official Releasex Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
Your buggyness since 3.6 and all the updates made me sick with "not responding" messages, only use chrome now, way faster, much less bugs, has all the addons I need, I don't think I'll use firefox again in a long time.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
They ruined the UI

mainly with how extensions interact with the UI, this breaks many older extensions that are no longer updated by their developers. For many this means losing the reasons they use the browser in the first place.

the status bar is also messed up, due to how some extensions interact they may create their own status bar causing the already screen space wasting UI to waste even more screen space.

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Sorry unless this thing speeds by and is simple looking yet very customizable, I don't want it.. just chrome :D

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Screw FF4, I'll take the Firefox Girl, though. :)

Really though, I'm intrigued to see how this works. I guess you can say I'm getting all "Googly-eyed" about dropping Google Chrome. Hopefully this will be the reason, although I'm REALLY liking Opera 11.

I still can't understand the Chrome syndrome, this browser that is Mozilla is undoubtedly the best, irrelevant of the crashes which some ppl experience but most others don't..... irrelevant of people trying to use other funny software with their browser and then complaining that it's the browser that's at fault......
Even memory usage is way better and still the first 4 comments are of chaps who use Chrome :) lol....... what were you looking for when you read the Header.....lol.... stick to commenting on Chromes ooh-la-la-ness...... you guys are better off that way....
Looking forward to another greater product from the Mozilla crew......

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Been running nightlies for a while. The browsing speed is *ridiculously* fast compared to 3.6. Everything feels like it loads 3x more agressively. Yeah they did stupid stuff like removing the status bar, but that can be fixed with the Statusbar-4-evar addon. Also most major addons have dev builds which support FF4. Most smaller addon developers aren't going to rewrite code until FF gets into RC stage (for ex...some addons that worked with b4 were broken with later betas).

cybersans

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
i hope firefox 4 will be multi-threaded. seems like firefox is far behind IE8 (now IE9 beta) and other browser than can utilize multicore processor.

Firefox 4:

- is much, MUCH faster than before

- is multithreaded as much as 3.6.5+ for now, and the same, uses multiple processes: one process for the browser, one process to host the plugins (in case of plugins crashes (not like other browsers, that start a process per tab); while it doesn't help in case of browser bugs (a crash leads to the whole browser closing, Fx has the best crash recovery process of all I've tested

- its UI is still as open to configuration as ever, and going back to its 'legacy' UI is but a few clicks away - and once you've restored the menus, you can restore the status bar

- if Firefox 3.6 crashes a lot for you, I'd recommend backing up your shortcuts and security keys, make a list of your extensions, and then delete the user profile: more often than not, crashes are experienced due to accumulated cruft from version to version, a bad setting left behind by a plugin, a misapplied update etc. So a backup and restore should solve it. You could also open a Sync account, enable Firefox to backup all your personal settings, then delete the profile, and reconnect to Sync.

I find Chrome's interface offensive, personally, and Opera too "fluffy" - but then it's a matter of personal taste.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]ZyxMEvEuuxcZ[/nom]Firefox4 is for me:good: fasterbad: removed status bar, no color toolbar.[/citation]
why do you need a status bar? if the page loads that's all that matters

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
I used firefox because Chrome has some problems I can't get used to. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled chrome to try it, but it takes around 5 or more refreshes for a page to respond or else it loads up as incomplete or as an error, where firefox hasn't done that before.
I would like to see how the new firefox performs, hopefully great.

drakefyre

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
I love Firefox 4. I've been running the nightly builds for months, and so far it's amazing! It's fast, and I love sync. Being able to view my tabs on my desktop computer from my laptop is definitely worth it. And it's sleek. I've been able to figure out ways to get to everything I need without re-enabling the menu bar.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]henydiah[/nom]i don't like firefox , i lke comet bird very simple[/citation]

You do know that CometBird runs off the Mozilla Browser engine right?

goonigoogoo

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
[citation][nom]wiinippongamer[/nom]Your buggyness since 3.6 and all the updates made me sick with "not responding" messages, only use chrome now, way faster, much less bugs, has all the addons I need, I don't think I'll use firefox again in a long time.[/citation]
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Oops, all fixed! Thanks![/citation]

+1

I was a FF user for a long time, but i juts got fed up with the crashes, memory use and CPU usage. I switched to Chrome and absolutetly fell in love with it.

I'll give the new FF a try and see if i like it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.