Firefox 9.0 Download Released; From 3.6 to 9.0 in 2011

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom][Actually, I think most of the guys here that post about her are. She's got a face like a moose, her figure is average at best, with a thick waist, and only average bust. She's arching her body in a way that exaggerates the positive aspects of the female figure, but that's about it. But, you'll get comment after comment on her. Those are probably the virgins (not that there's anything wrong with that). Normal men aren't going to be so aroused by a mediocre female they don't know, that they have to create post after post about it. She's not exactly Marilyn Monroe or Monica Bellucci.[/citation]

I think we just found our virgin!!!

G

"I just clicked on About... and Check for Updates on my FF8. Says my installation is up to date. Then I follow the links on this Tom's news clip, sends me to a Tom's download page, which was kinda fishy.

Visiting getfirefox.org shows me that 8.0.1 is the version being distributed. Why are you releasing FF9 Tom's? And why use your own download pages, not the Mozilla pages?"

Must second this, I was about to download but since my own 8.0 says its up-to-date and the link isn't to the official mozilla site, I'm a bit wary.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]doped[/nom]mozilla just hopped on the weird version numbering bandwagon the software of tomorrow uses. And how is that for inappropriate image??[/citation]
Leave the firefox girl outta this.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom][Actually, I think most of the guys here that post about her are. She's got a face like a moose, her figure is average at best, with a thick waist, and only average bust. She's arching her body in a way that exaggerates the positive aspects of the female figure, but that's about it. But, you'll get comment after comment on her. Those are probably the virgins (not that there's anything wrong with that). Normal men aren't going to be so aroused by a mediocre female they don't know, that they have to create post after post about it. She's not exactly Marilyn Monroe or Monica Bellucci.[/citation]

Thanks for the analytical insight, Sheldon Cooper.

Chetou

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
[citation][nom]lahawzel[/nom]http://media.bestofmicro.com/K/6/3 [...] swbgp7.pngI see you seem to believe that we live in a universe where 475.3 > 1057.2.[/citation]

Yeah, sure...get back to us after a couple of days running and some Youtube tabs thrown in there.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom][
Actually, I think most of the guys here that post about her are. She's got a face like a moose, her figure is average at best, with a thick waist, and only average bust. She's arching her body in a way that exaggerates the positive aspects of the female figure, but that's about it. But, you'll get comment after comment on her. Those are probably the virgins (not that there's anything wrong with that). Normal men aren't going to be so aroused by a mediocre female they don't know, that they have to create post after post about it. She's not exactly Marilyn Monroe or Monica Bellucci.[/citation]

you must be on something.. thick waste? dude you just want some crack skinny nasty looking whore or something? there is nothing thick about that girl. any skinnier and she would start to look so sick and un healthy.

wlachan

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
The only way of ever catching up with Chrome will be using odd # from now on, so the next release will be 11, and then 13, and then 15 etc. If that didn't work, prime # would be next.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]DaddyW123[/nom]Believe whatever you want dude. I'm simply letting you know that your original comments are very closed minded and flat out rude. Saying she has a face like a moose, I can only assume that you have heard that very statement about yourself, and I picture you as a pimply faced 15 year old who thinks you are right about everything in the world. Oh wait, now I'm sinking to your level and making assumptions I know nothing about. For you to assume that I am lying about my life only tells me that you have had to do so about yourself, and I feel sorry for you.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and putting other people down (both the people who enjoy looking at a pretty girl and want to comment about it; and the girl herself) makes you sound like an ignorant pig.Maybe I'm taking this too far on an article about about firefox, but I'd like to know what makes you think you are qualified to assess the character of the people on this forum, when your character could use some work.[/citation]

I don't need your permission to believe what I want, but thanks anyway.

The offense you took proves my point exactly. On top of that anyone who comes on here talking about his beautiful wife, etc... has a mule for a wife, and is lucky even for that. Consequently, even average looking females can arouse you, because they are out of your league.

Guys that can get women, or have a nice one, don't get so offended, and don't need to broadcast. I'm sure the internet is great for you, you can be everything on it that you've failed at in your real life.

You're too stupid to understand the point of any of this. It's not that looking at a PRETTY girl is bad, but if you can get them, you don't make such a fuss about it. This girl is throwaway material, but even if she weren't, what kind of pathetic fool thinks the world need to hear about his desire for her. Wait, I know! You! It's flat out pathetic. Like anyone really cares who you want. I can't blame you for being an ugly troll, you were born that way, but try to handle it with more grace and pride.

Remember, just because you're ugly, you don't have to be pathetic or graceless. That part is your choice, and you're making the wrong one.

Now go drool over some other women you can't possibly get, even though 85% of the other men can. Just try not to be so obvious of it. The world doesn't care.

valu3hunt3r

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
3.6 has seen a few minor updates also, from ~3.6.10 to the one I'm currently sitting on at 3.6.24

As I've previously posted elsewhere on TomsHW; v4.0+ were putting extra load and higher temps on my GPU for nil difference in end-user experience is why I stuck it out way back down here.

G

looks like they want to catch up internet explorer version number..

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I don't care what the version number is, I only care that it works well, is secure and my addons aren't getting broken.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]falcompsx[/nom]going from 3.6 to 9.0 in one year, is just stupid. Frequent updates are a good idea, sure, but lets keep some meaning to version numbers. Instead of changing the major version number for every minor update, do what we always have, call it firefox 4.8 or whatever because to the average user, 9.0 and 3.6 are indistinguishable. Same goes for Chrome. This inflation of version numbers is nothing more than a pissing contest to see who's browser sounds more advanced by version number alone. Google started it with Chrome and its a shame the others are taking notice and following the trend.[/citation]

for the average user, whats the difference between 4.0 and 4.8?

here is the thing, i believe that if a change is significant enough that it can break an extension, a full version number change is in order.

and i don't mean break it as in its not approved for X version, and you can turn the compatibility check off and it works, i mean extensions like down them all, that even a version that worked for 7 didn't work on 8 till they released a patch for it.

it makes useing extentions a bit easier as well...

i will NEVER understand why so many of you have a problem with what it calls it self.

G

I'm having problems with the chat inside Yahoo! Mail - anyone experienced the same? I think it's a fault of the new Java script engine, as no chat windows will open; earlier beta versions did not even display the contact list. Might be a minor issue, but it is pretty annoying, as I use it daily . . . Otherwise I still prefer FF over Chrome . . .

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]I don't need your permission to believe what I want, but thanks anyway.The offense you took proves my point exactly. On top of that anyone who comes on here talking about his beautiful wife, etc... has a mule for a wife, and is lucky even for that. Consequently, even average looking females can arouse you, because they are out of your league. Guys that can get women, or have a nice one, don't get so offended, and don't need to broadcast. I'm sure the internet is great for you, you can be everything on it that you've failed at in your real life. You're too stupid to understand the point of any of this. It's not that looking at a PRETTY girl is bad, but if you can get them, you don't make such a fuss about it. This girl is throwaway material, but even if she weren't, what kind of pathetic fool thinks the world need to hear about his desire for her. Wait, I know! You! It's flat out pathetic. Like anyone really cares who you want. I can't blame you for being an ugly troll, you were born that way, but try to handle it with more grace and pride. Remember, just because you're ugly, you don't have to be pathetic or graceless. That part is your choice, and you're making the wrong one. Now go drool over some other women you can't possibly get, even though 85% of the other men can. Just try not to be so obvious of it. The world doesn't care.[/citation]
From working with alot of snakes at my office, it's quite the contrary. The guys who can get all the girls are usually the ones who will be drooling about a new bird in the office - the quite ones are passive about the whole thing.

Just relax and don't get so caught up about the whole thing - true you are entitled to your own opinion but there's also having consideration for others on a site with a regular community - just don't be rude to people.

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
[citation][nom]mrmaia[/nom]In Firefox, go to Help - About and it'll check for updates.[/citation]
Thanks! I did that yesterday, but nothing happened. I just did it now and FF was already downloading version 9. I didn't know a version upgrade would be automatic.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
FF is pushing updates so they can 1) Stay in the news 2) finally code FF so updates are no longer attached to a version # but seamless updates. Also the FF booth chick is still hot!

macabre215

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
Does it really matter considering any version of Firefox after 3.6 is awful? I'm sticking with Chrome while using Firefox for things like Netflix on my HTPC.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]DaddyW123[/nom]I'm 31, I have a beautiful wife and a 2 year old Son. I had plenty of play in college, and I think the girl on this pic is hot! She may not be the hottest girl I've ever seen, but I wouldn't kick her to the curb if she wanted a piece... well actually I would because I'm married - but I'd be taking a cold shower directly after.[/citation] Is it just me or does the thumbnail picture of her remind you of WWE's Natalya.

Status
Not open for further replies.