Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Edge Dropping TLS 1.0, 1.1

Dave_135

Commendable
Apr 8, 2017
Nice Article if your Windows 10 User. But I for 1 think Windows 10 Sucks totally! We Have 3 Computers in this house, My Desktop, called the Video Editing Beast, It has Linux Mint 19 Tara and Windows 7 Pro, then there is the Laptop Hooked to our HD TV, I runs Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon and Windows 10. Then we have a Laptop set on a Folding wooden table, it is older HP Model, 32 Bit and I have it running Linux Mint 19 Tara. Usage on all 3 machines on the desktop, Linux Mint gets used about 80% of the time, Windows the rest, on the TV Computer, windows gets about 70% and Linux mint gets the rest. And HP laptop, since Linux Mint 19 Tara has came out, that is all it runs, when I got it had Windows 8 running on it, that was worse that Windows 10. But Windows 10 is still the worst Operating System ever made in My Opinion. The update procedure is nuts as compared to Linux Mint. Updating A Windows 10 computer takes about 20 to 30 minutes of time, Linux mint, I may Install updates 3 times a day and it does not effect my workflow.

mdarrish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
DAVE-135: Windows 10 is ugly and many aspects of it indeed suck. M$ has been on a downhill slide since Windows 8. However, Windows ME (ironically named Millenium Edition), sucked equally as much as 10, IMHO.

hannibal

Distinguished
Those who has web Pages has to upgrade them so that They Are not using TLS 1.0 or 1.1 or their webpages can not be Viewed any more in the future.
To the customers, no need to do anything unless you favorite websites stop from being available. Then you have to roll back to old webbrowser to see those Pages!

stdragon

Admirable
For 99.99% of the population out there, this is a non-issue. But for those that have to support vendor server-side and appliance applications that requires HTTPS administration, it's going to suck...badly.

Basically that translates to using an older version of a browser until management can cough up the money to supply IT with a workable budget to upgrade said back-end services.

Kerri B

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015

Apple, Google, and Microsoft, we know, are about as corrupt as they come. Now, for Mozilla to get in with that bunch says it all. All these 'people' want to do is spy on other people for the almighty buck. Seems everyone wants to get in on it while the gettings good. I'm completely sickened by it all. Oh, and we can throw Twitter, FB, and more for good measure.

So, you ask what we should do. I say that those of us that don't want our privacy taken, get offline, even then, that's not full proof either.:fou: