Firefox Forces Secure HTTPS Connections for Some Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Would be interesting if there was a way to test browsers' security.

Maybe one method is trial-by-fire:

Visit known infected websites, and see how many infections the computers pick up.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Is this why I can't go to www.msn.com using firefox without signing in with a Windows Live ID?
Cause I tested going to msn using IE and it didn't require that I sign in..
Edit: Sorry.. I just noticed this new feature is in the Beta only, which I am not using. So my firefox/msn issue stems from something else.. grrr..

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Not saying this is the same as https everywhere plugin, but I alrady have a plugin that handles this! That is why I like Firefox, the plugins

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
To Nightly users: You didn't tell us about this 2 version ago :-L
To Waterfox users (and me): Well, let's just wait for the version update.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
[citation][nom]phatboe[/nom]Not saying this is the same as https everywhere plugin, but I alrady have a plugin that handles this! That is why I like Firefox, the plugins[/citation]

Extension*.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
This should have been implemented in all major browsers years ago. This is what makes me believe that browser developers have their heads perma-stuck in the sand.

Firefox's devs seem to be slowly waking up though. They're even addressing the UI lag issues (gasp!)

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Pherule[/nom]This should have been implemented in all major browsers years ago. This is what makes me believe that browser developers have their heads perma-stuck in the sand.[/citation]

Can you really blame them for trying to work around poorly-coded websites that violate standards and sub-par 3rd party plugins?

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
No, but that's not what it's for. It's so that we don't type in yourbankname.com and instead of going to your bank's website go to one that looks similar where you enter your sign in info. Some websites will take your personal info, and then redirect you to the correct site. This gains access to your bank account. The "HTTPS" moniker in front of "WWW." ensures a secure connection with your bank, and now your address bar will know which websites to use "HTTPS" instead of "HTTP", which is unsecured.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]snip[/citation]
I don't know about you, but I use HTTPS to stop my ISP from spying on me. I don't care whether a website is secure or not, I just care that my ISP can't track what I look at on said site. I couldn't give a stuff about banking sites. I do my banking IRL, not online.

lloyd adams

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
my neighbor's mom makes $89 hourly on the laptop. She has been out of work for eight months but last month her payment was $16250 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Here's the site to read more Ace60.cℴm

Status
Not open for further replies.