My system:

Acer VERITON MN: VM4630G-i7477X
32GB Ram
256GB SSD program drive
1-TB HDD data drive
Win7Pro 64-bit with Taskbar configuration manager "7+TaskbarTweaker"
FireFox v 56.0.2 (64-bit) with FireFox extension "TabMixPlus"

Problem:

I normally keep five (5) FireFox windows open with a total of 43 tabs between them.

Each window can have from 4 to 20 tabs.

Whenever I shutdown, reboot & restart FireFox the order of the windows shown
in the Taskbar is never the same.

Prior to shutting down I have ordered the FF windows the way I want them, but
upon rebooting and restarting FF the windows are never in the same order.

What to do?

Is there a setting I've missed?

Thanks for any advice!

I always had issues with firefox saving my tabs. I moved to chrome and enabled the same option and it works great. I'd try that instead.

Also with Chrome you can download extension called "session buddy" if for some reason the tabs dont come back as it was or gets removed due to a system cleaning or something. You can always used session buddy to restore previously opened tabs.

This also works because Chrome treats each tab opens as its own service. Its easier for Windows to track. Firefox and most other browses keep it as on large service.

John Dohe

Honorable
Apr 2, 2017
I always had issues with firefox saving my tabs. I moved to chrome and enabled the same option and it works great. I'd try that instead.

Also with Chrome you can download extension called "session buddy" if for some reason the tabs dont come back as it was or gets removed due to a system cleaning or something. You can always used session buddy to restore previously opened tabs.

This also works because Chrome treats each tab opens as its own service. Its easier for Windows to track. Firefox and most other browses keep it as on large service.
If you enjoy Google gathering all your data, data-mining, and selling your life then by all means continue using Chrome.

I will not.