Firefox to Get a New Interface in Second Half of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If I wanted Chrome, I'd download it. Let's call this FIRECHROME!

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
I think it's cool they're adding a new Chrome-Migration feature.

What I wasn't expecting was that Mozilla was ACTUALLY IMPORTING CHROME ITSELF into it's Firefox Browser.

lol

Come on guys! DO something DIFFERENT.

G

Ditto that, if i wanted it to loolk like chrome id go use chrome. I dont like chrome....

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
No, no, NO. Again? I HATE Chrome look! The current Firefox look with menu enabled and tabs at the bottom is THE BEST. They better leave an option to customize the new Fox back to that normal look.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Agreed with the above. This is way too much like Chrome. As a Chrome fanatic, I like the style, since the minimalist features are what drew me when Chrome was first released. Since its release, other browsers have taken a large number of features of Chrome and incorporated them into the interface...but variety is the spice of life! If I want to explore a new browser, I expect something different from the one I am already using!

That said, I really like the little download manager in the upper right. (Says "↓ 10s") I wonder if that is part of the browser or an extension? Chromes manager could use a little work!

Kreth

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
What the fuck is this shit?

If i wanted crap i would isntall something that isnt firefox, give me back my original firefox look.

G

i was going to add something about how much this sucks and how if i wanted chrome i'd get it, and all that jazz... but it looks from the comments that everyone already on board. praise jesus.

[citation][nom]velocityg4[/nom]I like my search bar and address bar to be separate. I'll keep using an older version if I can't choose the older look myself. I've turned on the menu bar and tabs on bottom on my current version of Firefox.[/citation]
At the risk of getting an answer: Why? Why waste space with 2 things when one can do both equally as well? I like that all 3 browsers are moving that direction

While I like the new look perhaps better than Chrome, I have to say; hiding the favorites menu until you open a new tab is the BEST space saver ever! Why eat up tab space, or eat into page space when you can simply make it go away when you don't need it? Other than that one critique I think I am in love, and if this is the direction they are moving then I may move back to FF from chrome... But it will take some convincing as I really enjoy using chrome.

lahawzel

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Don't worry, a plugin to revert to the older look will probably be released day 1 of this new FireChrome appearance being pushed out.

Tesla1483

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
I swear to god, when did everyone decide that menu bars were so awful? I'd rather have everything in an easy-to-find, sensible location than having to search for a damn hidden button. I really don't care that much about losing one centimeter of vertical screen space.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Another interface change that I'll have to change back to look the old way like I already do for the current interface. And if I can't change it anymore, I might start looking at other browsers. Some of these changes just seem stupid to me and more likely to drive users away instead of winning users over from other browsers.

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
I would love if it looked exactly like chrome. Chrome started crashing and tearing on me but I hate firefox's look, I think it's fat compared to chrome's sleekness.

Status
Not open for further replies.