Firefox To See A 'Quantum Leap' Improvement In Performance, Security By The End Of 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
Thank you for this article.

This past week ive been having a wierd issue with slow UI in firefox with a certain web site. Only a specific site using a lot of flash.

I manually enabled electrosylisis and no more issues. So yay!

This will hopefully fix an issue I've had since 2 or 3 updates ago. Whenever I watch a stream in firefox, the stream crashes and I get a "plugin unresponsive" error. I've tried a clean reinstall and several other things to no avail. I have to use chrome whenever I want to watch a stream and I can't stand chrome, but it's better than edge.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
No, they're obviously highlighting the discontinuous nature of the transition.

They're assuming the reader is intelligent enough to realize that the analogy refers to the rate of change, rather than the magnitude. Use context.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Can't wait to switch back to FF. Competition is good. Chrome brought sandboxing, slimmer tool bars and tabs that used less vertical real estate, mute-able, duplicatable tabs, and vastly improved rendering performance. I hate how Chrome handles bookmarks the all in one URL text box and how it visually looks.

pasow

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012

given how slowly ad requirements shift in my job, it will take a while for us to catch up. The dominant 40KB thing for flash stuck around for a decade even to the detriment of the ad and end user at times. it took the forced move to HTML for any industry wide changes to happen.

G

We can talk about anything but nothing comes close to that garbage, Edge.

reza666

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
About time, i love FF but man its slow and crashes allot.
On my old MBP i given up. Its better on PC but still far far away from what it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.