Firewall warning keeps coming up...

rod

Anyone know who to stop this warning from coming up? I've gone into the
Security Center and selected the "I have a firewall solution..." box. Problem
is that it keeps coming back after I reboot. Running XP Home with SP2 on a
Toshiba Satellite Laptop.

Thanks,

Malke

Rod wrote:

> Anyone know who to stop this warning from coming up? I've gone into
> the Security Center and selected the "I have a firewall solution..."
> box. Problem is that it keeps coming back after I reboot. Running XP
> Home with SP2 on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop.
>
> Thanks,

In the Security Center applet, look on the left side and you'll see a
link to "Change how Security Center alerts me". Click on it and then
uncheck the alerts next to the firewall. Apply and OK out.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

rod

Thanks for the response Malke,
I did as you suggested and two reboots later
the warning was back up. I went back to the "Alert Settings" (in the Security
Center) where I unchecked the firewall and it was checked again. Starting to
look like I need to edit the registry. Any other ideas?

Malke

Rod wrote:

> Thanks for the response Malke,
> I did as you suggested and two reboots
> later
> the warning was back up. I went back to the "Alert Settings" (in the
> Security Center) where I unchecked the firewall and it was checked
> again. Starting to look like I need to edit the registry. Any other
> ideas?

Disable the Windows Firewall service. Start>Run services.msc [enter]

Scroll down the Windows Firewall service and stop it and then set it to
disabled. See if that fixes the issue.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell