Firewire PCI Card Not Working

techguy1001

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Hi. I recently (just yesterday) purchased an "inland UConnect PRO PCI to IEEE 1394" card. I seated it in my case, in a PCI slot, and loaded up the software that came with the box. However, the software that came with it is called "Ulead Video Studio", a software that was made for Windows 95, and a software where its copywrite expired in 2001. At any rate, that software did not have the driver for this card on it.

So, I went to the company's website, found their drivers list, and typed in my card's item number. The driver I downloaded did not include a driver, instead just a PDF document with the pin layout on the card.

My computer is not recognizing that card, and even when I plug something into one of the Firewire ports, nothing happens.

Please help, I need this to get footage off of a video camera; urgently.

Solution
If you go to Device Manager does it show up?
If so it will probably have a yellow triangle next to it. Right click on it and click "Update Driver Software.."

If it doesn't show up it could be a problem with the PCI slot. Do you have another one to try?

JasonPDK

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
If you go to Device Manager does it show up?
If so it will probably have a yellow triangle next to it. Right click on it and click "Update Driver Software.."

If it doesn't show up it could be a problem with the PCI slot. Do you have another one to try?

Solution

techguy1001

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Okay, I switched out its PCI slot, and now, under devices, instead of seeing "Unkown Device", I see "IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers". However, I get this problem: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

JasonPDK

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Right click on the device and select "Update Driver Software..", if there is no option for that Windows may have installed drivers automatically when you inserted the device if it did right click on the device and select "Uninstall", then restart your PC.