Firms Can't Agree On Real Size of Flashback Botnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Ya this is really confusing too I just read an article on apples research they said zero macs were infected. They then went on to explain that this botnet was really a trial for a product they call Inet. Its going to be a new feature in the Bobcat update, along with Ivirius and Imalware and maybe even Irootkit if its finished in time.

I can't wait for this update!

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Does it matter anymore now that a fix has been implemented and a downward trending of infected users has been established?

thety6on

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
[citation][nom]proxy711[/nom]Ya this is really confusing too I just read an article on apples research they said zero macs were infected. They then went on to explain that this botnet was really a trial for a product they call Inet. Its going to be a new feature in the Bobcat update, along with Ivirius and Imalware and maybe even Irootkit if its finished in time.I can't wait for this update![/citation]

You ACTUALLY believed something Apple said?

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
One side is the apple marketing sponsored companies who like to keep the numbers down at any cost (including the users security) and on the others those who like to scare people into purchasing anti-virus software. The numbers are likely in between...

Would be interesting to know how many percent of the mac's that are infected considering they only have a small 6% market share worldwide.

thezooloomaster

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Some people are overly paranoid about computer infections, and others believe they are immune to it; it's the nature of Personal Computing. The truth is that we could all be infected by just about anything without really knowing it, and as long as there are active hackers, new undetectable malicious content will be making its way onto peoples' machines.

wantiao2013

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Very interesting, thank you for sharing!
g.gif

dreadlokz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
rot apple, rot!!! Or make a new iPhone better then everything else in the market like the first one... I don't think so, just rot =)

Status
Not open for further replies.