Firmware problem of DVD-E616P2 and DVD-E616P3!

Sorry if this is not the right place. I have tried a few others but still
have not received any reply. If this is really not the right group to post,
please point me to the right one. Thanks.

---------------------------

I recently purchased two Asus DVD ROM, one is DVD-E616P2 and another one is
DVD-E616P3.

DVD-E616P2 comes with firmware v1.0.7 and DVD-E616P3 comes with v1.0.5 at
the time of purchase.

Both of them have a strange problem when I use it with a CDRW or DVD-RW
(mostly with Power Producer) -- both of them always take over the DVD-RW (or
CDRW) as the RW drive!! In other words, when I tried to write something
onto a DVD-R or DVD-RW, Power Producer always think that E616P2 or E616P3 is
the DVD-RW!! Of course, nothing can be written at the end.

However, I tried to downgrade E616P2 to firmware v1.0.3, it fixed the
problem!!!

But there is no such comparable firmware version for E616P3. I tried both
v1.0.5 and v1.0.6 posted on the website, E616P3 still doesn't work!!

Can the Asus support team try to figure out what the problems is and come up
with a fixed version for E616P3?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Patrick

Paul

Splendid

In article <d9bebg$14ca$1@news.hgc.com.hk>, "Patrick Lam"

> Sorry if this is not the right place. I have tried a few others but still
> have not received any reply. If this is really not the right group to post,
> please point me to the right one. Thanks.
>
> ---------------------------
>
> I recently purchased two Asus DVD ROM, one is DVD-E616P2 and another one is
> DVD-E616P3.
>
> DVD-E616P2 comes with firmware v1.0.7 and DVD-E616P3 comes with v1.0.5 at
> the time of purchase.
>
> Both of them have a strange problem when I use it with a CDRW or DVD-RW
> (mostly with Power Producer) -- both of them always take over the DVD-RW (or
> CDRW) as the RW drive!! In other words, when I tried to write something
> onto a DVD-R or DVD-RW, Power Producer always think that E616P2 or E616P3 is
> the DVD-RW!! Of course, nothing can be written at the end.
>
> However, I tried to downgrade E616P2 to firmware v1.0.3, it fixed the
> problem!!!
>
> But there is no such comparable firmware version for E616P3. I tried both
> v1.0.5 and v1.0.6 posted on the website, E616P3 still doesn't work!!
>
> Can the Asus support team try to figure out what the problems is and come up
> with a fixed version for E616P3?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick

Why not phone Asus tech support and report the problem ?
The only way a fix will eventually occur, is if a problem is
reported, and is forwarded to their development people.
They don't read newsgroups, have trouble with email, and
the phone is the only way to be sure you've reached them.

This private forum is a good place to look for ideas. There
is a search button, so you can search the forums for "e616p3".
Perhaps if you post your question there, someone will have
a creative solution for you.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=140232&highlight=e616p3

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.

Regards,

Patrick