First 177 Cars For 'Forza Motorsport 7' Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

Forza Motorsport 7 will be like It's always been, a simcade like Gran Turismo and they do that just perfectly.

GT5/6 were described by Polyphony as a "real driving simulator." They were anything but that. A simcade is Grid Autosport or the F1 series. Neither the GT or Forza series are even up to those in car feel/feedback/response.

CRamseyer

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
If you want realism then iRacing is where you will find it. Many pro drivers use it and the technology is used in simulators run by major motorsports teams.

JakeWearingKhakis

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Forza 6 had tons and tons of options to tune your cars weight, handling, power, drive train. I never got into a lot of it, and it has simulation mode. It really wasn't up to par for a lot of you folks?

I thought it was pretty good, and was up to par with gran tourismo series. I don't see the point of getting any more realistic unless you have a racing cockpit simulator/VR + Steering Wheel&Pedals.

bochica

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
There is more to a racing sim than just tagging something with "simulation mode." You need accurate models of the cars, tires, weather, tracks, track dynamics, physics, etc. You can't take what you learn from GT and Forza, and expect it to work in the real world. There are too many "assists" and unrealistic models in those two games that it still isn't up to par with the simulations. Most of the driving mechanics from GTR, iRacing, rFactor you can.

As stated before, a lot of pro drivers train and practice on iRacing, and many team/manufacturer simulators base their engine off of iRacing. iRacing was based off of the Papyrus games, which back in the day, were pretty realistic for what was available at the time. It has only improved since then.

alextheblue

Distinguished

iRacing is probably the best simulator and I know a couple of local drivers that use it. But you should know you can turn off the assists in Forza. It's definitely not a true sim but it's a well balanced simcade that is adjustable to fit different playstyles, and it has some nice qualities. Also, Forza 7 in 4K is gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS