[SOLVED] First attempt to build a PC

Feb 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
I'm about to start assembling my first pc and I'm a little bit freaked out by the risk of ESD.
I don't have an anti-static wrist band because I don't like the idea of connecting myself to electricity and my case is a corsair 275r and I can't find an unpainted part to touch.
I was thinking that I could discharge myself just by touching something else, but my problem is to find that "something".
I'd like to ask you if someone could help me with my doubts and give me some advice to find a good way to decrease the risk level of destroy my components.
I'm sorry for my english and thanks in advice to whomever is going to help me
Have a nice day!

Solution
Electrostatic discharge is not a very common issue. You can plug in your psu and touch the psu case which is grounded before working with your pc. This will reduce the risk. I wouldnt wprry about it if you follow the above step.

WildCard999

Titan
It would take a considerable amount of static electricity for you to short out your parts. That being said I usually build everything in a carpeted room wearing socks and have never shorted a part out in 15 years of building but to be safe touch the metal part of your case every once in awhile to discharge and static electricity and you'll be fine.

Feb 2, 2019
Thank you all for the answers, they make me a little less scared.
My case has not unpainted metal part so I was thinking to use my old pc by plugging it in, put the power on O, leaving it on the floor and than touch the metal part of that case. Could it be a good idea? Could it works?
thank you again

Feb 2, 2019
Perfect, I will leave the new PC I will work on my wooden table while the other one that I'll use to keep me grounded one the floor.
Thank you to both of you again. I'm going to start and hopefully don't make any damage!

Feb 2, 2019
I have encounter an huge problem I'm not able to put my motherboard in the case. The case is a carbride 275r and the motherboard is an asus 450 plus, is it possibile that they are not compatible?. Also if i can't keep going on I was thinking to call somebody to help me assembling it but it would mean to leave the motherboard on top of the cardboard until tomorrow, could it be a problem?