First Boot Up by CD - Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro with Update

streetrazorz

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
Hey there everyone!

I recently completed my first ever PC tower build, specifically just for gaming.

Quick rundown of everything involved:

Fractal Design Define R4 titanium with window, case

AMD A8-6600K Black Edition CPU

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler

G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB 2133MHz RAM

Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H (revision 3.0) Motherboard

Samsung SH-224DB Optical Drive

Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-bit Tri-X OC GPU

Ultra HS 750W PSU

--- SO....my dilemma now is:

I downloaded Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro with update (64-bit) from Microsoft's Dreamspark website via my student account access.

I downloaded the operating software onto my MacBook Pro that I use for college stuff (have had it since 2012), and the software came with a separate license key to the side, not incorporated within the .iso file.

So after downloading the .iso file, I opened the file on my MacBook to reveal its contents. I burned the contents onto a DVD+R 4.5GB disc (the files totaled to about 3.7GB) at 8x Write-Speed.

I tried booting the Windows 8.1 CD with the 8x Write-Speed, but it still continues to show me the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" text.

I then tried to burn the .iso file contents onto another DVD+R 4.5GB disc at 4x Write-Speed.
Still, it showed me the same text.

Is it even possible to use the software I downloaded, or am I going to have to buy the actual CD with Windows 7/8/8.1 (whichever I choose)?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Solution
There are other ways to boot from a windows ISO file. This includes creating a bootable usb using Rufus: https://rufus.akeo.ie/

You can try booting from a usb if the CD is giving so much trouble. Just a thought

Reyaz123

Admirable
There are other ways to boot from a windows ISO file. This includes creating a bootable usb using Rufus: https://rufus.akeo.ie/

You can try booting from a usb if the CD is giving so much trouble. Just a thought

Solution