[SOLVED] First build boot issues-MSI 9c and A1 error

Feb 8, 2022
Hi there everyone, posted this on reddit and it was suggested I post here.

Hi everyone, hopefully I formatted this correctly. I saved for two years to afford this build. I built it off a video from Christopher Flannigan on youtube and am kicking myself since I build it.
Every time my computer is shutdown and I put I get error 9c every time. I am able to get past this by doing a reset.
I have read that this has to do with my usb drives but I have tried using all drives, using different drives (as I heard K63 has given other issues).
Now, I understand going into BIOS and formatting the boot order can fix this but I can not get into bios. When I boot up and I do try to boot bios I get error A1.
I am beyond frustrated with this and seem not to be able to find a resolution.
Another issue is that when I am playing high graphics games my computer will randomly shutoff. I am sure this has to do with an overheating issue but again not able to access bios and help rectify this.
I have tried googling everything possible and am still left with a computer that I keep having to boot and press "reset" to get it to work. Not what I pictured when I spent so much money and so many months waiting to get a 3080 at msrp.
Any help? I will sing your praises to the buildapc gods if so. Yes, this is my first build in many years. I am certain everything was done correctly as I was meticulous and utilized the help of a colleague that has built many pcs for friends and family.
Edit-I have already tried resetting CMOS

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qTXhMb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool CASTLE 360EX 64.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 UNIFY ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Team T-FORCE DARK Za 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB GAMING Trinity OC Video Card
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh w/ Controller ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Case Fan: Corsair LL120 63 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 49.0" 5120x1440 240 Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Corsair K63 (MX Red w/Blue LED) Wireless Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Optical Mouse
Total: $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-02-08 14:41 EST-0500

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you trying to work with? Where did you source the installer for said OS? Which ram slots are the sticks of ram occupying on the motherboard? They should be in slots, A2 and B2. As for your motherboard, you have access tow hat's known as Flash BIOS. Refer to page 25 and 57 in your motherboard's manual. Prior to using that feature, see what BIOS version you're currently on using CPU-Z, provided you're able to get into your OS GUI.

If you can't get into BIOS, see if flashing the BIOS to the latest version aids you out if this issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you trying to work with? Where did you source the installer for said OS? Which ram slots are the sticks of ram occupying on the motherboard? They should be in slots, A2 and B2. As for your motherboard, you have access tow hat's known as Flash BIOS. Refer to page 25 and 57 in your motherboard's manual. Prior to using that feature, see what BIOS version you're currently on using CPU-Z, provided you're able to get into your OS GUI.

If you can't get into BIOS, see if flashing the BIOS to the latest version aids you out if this issue.

Solution