[SOLVED] First Build - Case Fans not spinning / No display on first boot

Sep 30, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm in the process of building my first PC and having some issues. Below are the components I'm working with..

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QKQbn7

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: ASRock B550M-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB MINI Video Card

Case: In Win A1 Plus Mini ITX Tower Case w/650 W Power Supply

Addition Case Fans: Inwin Sirius Loop ASL120 x2

So far I think I have successfully installed the CPU + heatsink, RAM, and GPU to the mounted motherboard. I have been able to daisy chain the 4 case fans RGBs into the single header on the mobo. I have attempted daisy chaining the 4 case fans power cables into the CHA_FAN1 header. When I booted the PC, the CPU fan started spinning, RGB LEDs lit up on all 4 fans, but none of the case fans were spinning, boot screen didn't display, and top side case power button wouldn't turn off PC (it turned the PC on, though).

I've tried plugging a single fan in to the CHA_FAN1 header with no success. I've tried 2 fans in each of the headers (my mobo has 2 CHA_FAN headers), no luck. The case came with an adapter (sorry don't know the name) that plugs into sata on one end and a male 3 prong on the other end. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work and I don't want to control my case fans with an external button.

I don't want to give up and take it somewhere, but I didn't think figuring out fans would be as frustrating as it is,especially because the RGB aspect is happy. I don't know why the rest isn't.

Solution
Sure.

CuZBJws.jpg

I don't have duplicates of these. 🤷

Hard to see but it looks like you don't have power running to your cpu?

Top left?

dimtodim

Reputable
Hello Everyone,

I'm in the process of building my first PC and having some issues. Below are the components I'm working with..

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QKQbn7

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: ASRock B550M-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB MINI Video Card

Case: In Win A1 Plus Mini ITX Tower Case w/650 W Power Supply

Addition Case Fans: Inwin Sirius Loop ASL120 x2

So far I think I have successfully installed the CPU + heatsink, RAM, and GPU to the mounted motherboard. I have been able to daisy chain the 4 case fans RGBs into the single header on the mobo. I have attempted daisy chaining the 4 case fans power cables into the CHA_FAN1 header. When I booted the PC, the CPU fan started spinning, RGB LEDs lit up on all 4 fans, but none of the case fans were spinning, boot screen didn't display, and top side case power button wouldn't turn off PC (it turned the PC on, though).

I've tried plugging a single fan in to the CHA_FAN1 header with no success. I've tried 2 fans in each of the headers (my mobo has 2 CHA_FAN headers), no luck. The case came with an adapter (sorry don't know the name) that plugs into sata on one end and a male 3 prong on the other end. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work and I don't want to control my case fans with an external button.

I don't want to give up and take it somewhere, but I didn't think figuring out fans would be as frustrating as it is,especially because the RGB aspect is happy. I don't know why the rest isn't.
your psu is week, and never try more then 2 fans on one cha fan header...i will recommendation but fan hub u can attach 10 fans without problem...

Sep 30, 2020
Your mobo - https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550M-ITXac/index.asp#Specification - should have 2 case fan headers. I think 2 per header is max.
Double check you PSU is connected 100% to the mobo.
You can also try something like this - https://allneeds.com.au/4-pin-molex...OI6hoWdnvrUNXWSSiUXfidzY3kP842fRoCh08QAvD_BwE if you think your mobo has broke.

Is you monitor plugged into your GPU or the VGA port?
I have tried a single fan and two fans into a single header and neither combination works. As for the cable adapter, using it is it possible to still connect to the mobo? Without connecting to the mobo they'd be running full blast the whole time the computer is on, correct?

My monitor is plugged into my video card via display port. I tried all ins.