News First Custom RTX 3060 Ti Graphics Card Spotted

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

InvalidError

Titan
I don't think anyone realistically expects them to be competing in the upper echelon of the market which is where the shortages are.
I think there would be a huge market for~ $225 GPUs equivalent to a die-shrunk RTX2070 with 6GB of GDDR6 and PCIe4.

The only reason there is no shortage of lower-end cards is because they are the last to get updated, once everyone who didn't have the patience to wait for the lower-end models has already bought something more expensive.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
I think there would be a huge market for~ $225 GPUs equivalent to a die-shrunk RTX2070 with 6GB of GDDR6 and PCIe4.

The only reason there is no shortage of lower-end cards is because they are the last to get updated, once everyone who didn't have the patience to wait for the lower-end models has already bought something more expensive.
Agreed, that would be a really popular chip. The lower end chips will be using smaller dies which means better yields and more per wafer. Releasing next year gives plenty of time to build up stock. I don't see people camping for days to get a 3050Ti either, so day one demand isn't going to be as crazy as it is for halo cards. Everything combined, and I don't see AMD and Nvidia having the same problems stocking their higher volume GPU's that they are with the highend ones.

I don't think Intel is supposed to release any enthusiast level GPU's until the end of next year. I would really hope Nvidia and AMD will have caught up to demand by then. Isn't at least the first batch of gpu's for Intel going to be produced by TSMC on their 7nm node? How much capacity was Intel able to get from TSMC?

InvalidError

Titan
Isn't at least the first batch of gpu's for Intel going to be produced by TSMC on their 7nm node? How much capacity was Intel able to get from TSMC?
Nobody knows how much of TSMC Intel may have booked. It was quite late to the frenzy, so I'd imagine kind of limited and late in booking. I don't buy first-gen anything, so I haven't paid much attention to Xe news so far. Intel will have to prove that it isn't on a path to repeat the 740 failure first.