First ever gaming PC; not displaying anything

Saibot

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
Hey guys thanks for reading in advance.
I'm having a problem with my newly built gaming PC. I just assembled it using Austin Evan's tutorial, and when I power it on the fans and CPU cooler work fine, but it displays nothing to the monitor. The RAM is in fine, and my i3 has onboard graphics (here's the build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/L8XcrH)

make sure the mb is sitting on top of the 8/9 mb standoffs. on the mb make sure the 8 pin power plug is connected. check that the io shield not shorting out the mb. check that you have the reset and power buttons on the right pins on the mb. if there still not post try power the mb up outside the case to see if it shorting out.

Hekx

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
All I can tell you is to make sure your motherboard has integrated graphics. You can do this by going to the manufactures website and checking. But once you have a graphics card it will "overpower" or disable the motherboards integrated graphics as long as it is plugged in. But since you don't have one all I can think of is to make sure you check (which if there is a vga or hdmi ext. port there usually is) if there is integrated graphics.