First F.E.A.R. 3 Screens Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks heavy on HDR but doesn't looks too taxing on the graphics front which is always a good thing.. The F.E.A.R series is at a very catching stage (i really feel so).. The last thing one would want is jaw dropping visuals with a boring story line (lets leave that part to crysis series)..

Tmanishere

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Not to sound like an ad, but you can grab the first F.E.A.R. (including Extraction & Perseus Mandate) for $9.99 on Steam. I just grabbed it since I haven't played the series before.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
That game already looks dated and it hasn't come out yet. If I remember correctly, the original F.E.A.R. wasn't as optimized as I would have hoped given what you actually see.

The game's story is decent though. Maybe that will be enough.

G

looks bad to me, definently won't buy this, probably won't even torrent it.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Its a co-op centric horror game, from what I've seen, unless it has better graphics than Crysis I don't really care about it at this point.

This is coming from a guy who wasn't right for weeks after the ending to FEAR 2. I loved both FEAR and FEAR 2.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
From those pics it honestly doesn't look any better than the first F.E.A.R. from 2005. Very strange since F.E.A.R. 2 actually looked pretty good on PC.

G

sort out the way we view pictures toms. this system is really retarded. One click full Res picture in new tab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it will be like the first FEAR

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
This.... this actually looks worse Graphics wise than F.E.A.R 1, I'm not sure what it is.... but it looks less horror, and more action graphics wise, almost cartoony.

[citation][nom]pietpompies84[/nom]sort out the way we view pictures toms. this system is really retarded. One click full Res picture in new tab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it will be like the first FEAR[/citation]
The second click needed to view the full picture only works half the time. The other half, it just links to the page with the small image I'm already on. Get rid of these stupid slide-show storage things.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
I am very excited for this game! I just hope that they will SLIGHTLY improve the graphics in this one. If a 5870 can get 60fps on max settings @ 2560x1600, that would be PERFECT! (Considering that a 5870 can dummie pretty much any game except for crysis.)

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
FEAR 1 was an awesome game, but they won't be able to replicate it, specially if there's not an upgrade in visuals. Fear 2 never looked like much of an upgrade over fear 1. Maybe some overused HDR and softer shadows, but it was all very mediocre. Now, it looks like they haven't made one upgrade to the graphics system. It's shaping up to look like another game I won't bother buying.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Sorry to say, but FEAR was a one-shot time deal - nothing can recreate the essence of the first FEAR (and to some degree the expansion packs). But FEAR 2 was a joke - a massive let down of nothing but a mediocre FSP which only sold becuase of its title - FEAR 3 won't be so lucky... but I'll torrent it and see if it's worth playing.

scooterlibby

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
First time I saw FEAR my jaw dropped. The graphics were great and it was creepy. FEAR 2 was an aging, creaky monstrosity (not in a good way) and this sequel looks to be the same. Where's the innovation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS