News First Grand Theft Auto 6 trailer drops 14 hours early, sets Internet ablaze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2022
Absolutely insane that a studio as big as Rockstar can create such a large, vibrant, and developed world, with all the gameplay options, such a large scope of artistic creativity, graphical fidelity and interactivity. And then they shoehorn it all into a locked-down econobox full of last-get budget parts.

Like going to a fine steakhouse and ordering chicken fingers.

Reactions: ivan_vy

Geef

Distinguished
Here is a quick game play pic. 😜

iemVl17.png

Reactions: kyzarvs

ivan_vy

Commendable
Apr 22, 2022
Absolutely insane that a studio as big as Rockstar can create such a large, vibrant, and developed world, with all the gameplay options, such a large scope of artistic creativity, graphical fidelity and interactivity. And then they shoehorn it all into a locked-down econobox full of last-get budget parts.

Like going to a fine steakhouse and ordering chicken fingers.
we all know it, they need to sell as much a possible (game +DLC) before hackers and modders can put a finger on their beloved product. Like Denuvo DRM on PC, need to protect first sales.

craigss

Reputable
Aug 28, 2020
And everyone wonders why kids these days think its perfectly acceptable to shoot and stab folks when you dont want to work for things!
We sow the seeds of our own destruction with garbage like this, I love games I play violent games but this game I dont play, it objectifies and glorifies theft and murder just the same as the majority of Rap music

Reactions: George³

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
GTA 5 sold me from the trailer like every GTA game !!

Sadly GTA 6 doesnt tickle my pickle im truly not interested !!

maybe im 10+ years older now since GTA 5

Maybe rockstar has become the same money hungry company like EA , Ubisoft and Activision so im not interested in supporting them ..

Ill keep playing GTA5 online now and then like ive done for 10 years and wait to see if GTA6 does a online part and i may invest..

Rockstar will sell GTA 6 well but to the huge heights of GTA 5 NO WAY !!

people are angry and all the old people ( like my self at 46 ) are 10+ years older , wiser and maybe not as interested now !!

Last edited:
GTA 5 sold me from the trailer like every GTA game !!

Sadly GTA 6 doesnt tickle my pickle im truly not interested !!

maybe im 10+ years older now since GTA 5

Maybe rockstar has become the same money hungry company like EA , Ubisoft and Activision so im not interested in supporting them ..

Ill keep playing GTA5 online now and then like ive done for 10 years and wait to see if GTA6 does a online part and i may invest..

Rockstar will sell GTA 6 well but to the huge heights of GTA 5 NO WAY !!

people are angry and all the old people ( like my self at 46 ) are 10+ years older , wiser and maybe not as interested now !!
I'm 48. I'll be interested when it comes out - to be fair, 6 months after it comes out or whenever it's on sale for the first time. Other than Tom Petty, the trailer didn't do a huge amount for me and the comments below the video were the most OTT cringe I've seen about a game. After the "remaster" debacles and the removal of music, I'm approaching 6 with some sceptisism.

I'll happily replay SA another 5 times before 6 comes out. Thankfullly I still have the DVD version for the full experience.

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
I wonder how much better the graphics of the game will be compared to GTA 5. It seems like trailers are rarely representative of the actual gameplay experience

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I'll wait for gameplay videos from actual gamers. Trailers aren't reflective of the player experience. I've enjoyed the GTA games since 3, but I think 5 went in the wrong direction -- too restrictive, too expensive, excessive monetization, too much commuting/filler between objectives, and they integrated some of the worst things about reality into the game (insurance and upkeep/utility fees, ugh!).

I'm also still mad about getting banned from GTA Online due to involuntarily "receiving exploiter money" during some New Years thing many years ago.

syadnom

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
I feel like the characters in these cut scenes look very robotic. Lost of polys, nice shaders, etc etc, but unnatural movement destroys immersion. IMO, 'natural' movement of characters makes the whole thing. This is a next gen title after all.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I'll wait for gameplay videos from actual gamers. Trailers aren't reflective of the player experience.
That is logical. Also not pre ordering is also logical... but I just know they will make a killing on this. They don't even need to make any hype, people are already doing it for them. This will make Cyberpunk look like a game no one wrote about.

A game made in current year will be fun to watch. I don't play them but I like watching train wrecks.

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
That is logical. Also not pre ordering is also logical... but I just know they will make a killing on this. They don't even need to make any hype, people are already doing it for them. This will make Cyberpunk look like a game no one wrote about.

A game made in current year will be fun to watch. I don't play them but I like watching train wrecks.
cyberpunk 2077 was like a indie developer trying to make a AAA rpg .. ( maybe a bit harsh but you get the picture)

Rockstar have been doing this stuff forever even as far back for the older ( like myself ) people
Midnight Club which laid the the ground work for GTA as we know it today .

CDPR coming from the Witcher series trying to take the GTA crown was always going to be a tough ask..

For all the failings Cyberpunk had and still has the world that they have created in the cyberpunk genre is amazing they just lacked the rockstar finesse !!

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I enjoyed playing a bit of GTA with friends on console. I ended up getting GTAV IIRC for the PC on a free promotion thing. I would have to go look through my launchers but I am fairly sure it was Epic? I am not sure what it was about that particular version (or whatever) but it ran like complete trash on my system even for as little resources it takes to run, and I never revisited it. It amazes me how many reviewers still use it as a benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.